Chapter 27: Runaway, Runaway, Never To See Another Day.

Kakashi's View

"Hey, Kakashi. I'm sure you heard of it by now, but...you did hear about your son running away right? He's becoming a rogue nin the moment he leaves the gates. Wait, change that. He's already considered a rogue nin. From what I've heard, Lord Hokage has already sent a team of Jonin after him. You'd think that Sanji's teammates would be going after him as well." Iruka stated, slurping his ramen loudly.

I threw him a dark look, "Iruka, slow down! What do you mean Sanji is a rogue nin? Did you see Kanji with him too?" I asked, slowly.

No, Sanji couldn't have possibly left the village. If so, what was his reason behind leaving us? There wasn't even a sign that he was going to do this.

"No, I didn't see Kanji or him leave. I've just stating what I've heard from our fellow shinobi's." Iruka mused, sighing in content after he slurped up the last noodle in his bowl.

My chopsticks snapped in half, the snap echoed throughout the small room. Iruka glanced at me with a curious gaze.

"No... They- Sanji couldn't have left. He has no reason to leaving so suddenly." I said, not acknowledging the fact it could be true.

"I do hope you know that Sanji may be looking for the murderers of his parents. The things that I have been told from Sanji, well, weren't so good. He told me about their life before arriving here at the leaf village." Iruka said, "Their parents we're killed and they both had such horrible childhoods which they spent all alone."

My face was frozen in shock, since when was this information given to him? Weeks? Months? I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"So you're telling me that my own, son, didn't bother telling me such important information? Yet, he decided to put his trust in you instead of me." I said, giving him a lazy look.

Iruka nodded, wiping the corner of his mouth with his sleeve. "Yes. At first, I was as shocked as you were just now. The first thing that came to mind was why he choose me and not you, his guardian." Iruka mumbled.

I sighed as I pulled my mask down, "I see. I'm not fully concerned about your words, Iruka. I find it rather, unbelievable, that Sanji is suddenly having the thought to become a rogue nin. Revenge may be his motive, but what about his sister, Kanji? What is he going to about her?" I stated, lifting the ramen to my lips.

I slurred the ramen up, the look iruka gave me didn't go unnoticed. I rose an eyebrow. He shook his head with a sheepish smile.

"Hehe. I understand if you don't believe me after all I've said, Kakashi. You do have more experience than me in things like this. I.. I just thought I'd speak my mind here, you know." He said, staring out the window.

Clicking my tongue, I tossed myself back against the floor. My eyes were glued to the ceiling as I thought about Iruka's words. What if he was right? What if Sanji was actually becoming a rogue nin at this moment? Would I even be able to help convince him that was the wrong path he was taking...?

Sanji is only striving for revenge, just like Sasuke. They're both consumed by the darkness their childhood left them.. With how they are now, it might be too late too save ever of them. Suddenly, the door flew open to my apartment. Iruka and I jumped up immediately with a weapon in our hands. We lowered them as soon as we noticed it was only Kotetsu and Izumo.

"What is it?" Iruka asked, irked at the sudden intrusion.

I clicked my tongue and swiftly pulled my mask over my face, covering it from the two idiots who were staring.

"O-Oh, um, we came to tell you that, you know, uh..-" Izumo started, sweating furiously.

Kotetsu's eye twitched, "God dammit, IZUMO! Kakashi, Iruka, the Hokage sent us here to inform you of Sanji's current movement! He's left the village gates and is currently fighting against his own teammates! Reinforcements would be pretty handy at the moment." Kotetsu shouted.

Iruka glanced at me, I was just gapping in shock. Iruka was right... My gaze turned went hard, I glanced at Iruka.

"Sorry, but, I have somewhere to go." I said, giving Iruka a closed eye smiled.

Iruka's eye widened, "Kakashi! You can't! Not on your own you won't!" He shouted.

I glared at him, "I'll deal with him, I should have fixed the darkness that swelled in his heart a long time ago. But, I never did, you could blame me for his decision." I said, ready to transport to the village gates.

Sanji, I should have looked after you as if you were my own blood. If I had, this probably wouldn't have been the path you wanted to take. With one glance to the three men in my house, I found myself outside the village gates staring at Sanji. His friends all fallen at his feet. Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, and.... kanji tossed over his shoulders. Though she was wounded. I could tell by the blood seeping into his closing from her.

I glared at Sanji. "Sanji, put your sister down." I ordered, taking a step forward.

He glared back, but harder. "Why do I have to listen to you, old geezer? Your just a old man that wasn't to claim me and my sister as his kids." He scoffed. "Your not my Otōsan, you never will be. Got it?"

He smiled sinisterly. I reached into my weapon pouch, rubbing the tip of a shuriken with my forefingers.

"I'm sorry, that you have to think that. I just wanted to fill the hole in your hearts like any father would want to do." I apologized, "now then, hand over your sister slowly."

Sanji glanced at his unconscious sister, then back at me. "No. She'll be coming to the Akatsuki hideout with me. I won't go without her." He said.

I threw the shuriken at him. "I guess I'll have to force her out your hands then.." I mused, jumping back.

"It seems so." He smirked, tossing his sister to the side.