Chapter 25: Troublesome Boys

Kanji's View

I panted heavily, my breathing was labored. I laid against the cold, hard ground completely sore after the training I had done. My knuckles were all bloody and bruised along with my legs. Turns out that my training really didn't help me, instead it caused me more pain that I wanted and needed.

I walked over to a pool of water, staring at my reflection. My face was dirty and bruised. "Gomen.." I whispered to myself, "I injured myself again..."

I should go to the hospital or Otōsan's house, these injuries aren't going to heal themselves. I walked over to a tree and marked it with the number of trees I had broken. 143. I apologized again and started to head to Otōsan's house, he would have the medical items I needed for my small injuries. I teleported into the house and made my way into the bathroom, grabbing all the items I needed and placing them on the sink.

"I guess I need that damn liquid that cleans my wounds first," I muttered, grabbing the bottle filed with a substance that burned harshly when poured on a wound. I took a deep breath and held it over my wound. "One...two...three.....four!" I shouted, pouring the liquid on my bruises and cuts that were on my knuckles.

I hissed in pain, clawing at my leg. "Damn! It hurts!" I growled, "I still need to get my..l-legs and arms.."

I held the bottle over my leg with the long gash, my hands were trembling horribly. As my jagged breaths left my mouth, I poured what was remaining of the liquid all over my leg. I covered my mouth as I was about to scream bloody murder.

My eyes were burdened by tears, "Uh! F-F....! Why does this hurt so much!" I shouted, clawing at the sink. "F-F-F...! I-I'm done, that's it... I'll do the rest l-later."

Panting, I limped my way over to the kitchen. It was empty... I sighed, sadly. Otōsan was hardly ever at home, same with Sanji. I had convinced Sanji to come stay over with me and Otōsan, he accepted but he's never here. It might be because he's training for the final part of the exams. Still, I don't think that's such a good excuse to ditch your family. Though, I have to understand his feelings.

He really wants to pass these final exams, from what I heard. He's going against one of those sound ninja's I went up against in the forest of death. I think his name was Zaku, the one with the sound wave producing device on his arm.

I frowned, why is it that boys thinking training themselves beyond their limit is good? They're just trying to make other worry about them, aren't they? I sighed and walked over to a cabinet, taking out a cup of instant ramen. I went to the sink and turned the water on. In less than five minutes I had my food done. Sniffing the delicious scent of ramen, I sat down and began slurping the noodles up. The burning hot ramen literally killed all of my taste buds. I gasped and spit out the ramen.

"Hot! Hot! Hot!" I hissed, sticking my tongue out. "Geez, I need to be careful.." I mused, my eyes catching the ramen spill all over the table.

Oh no! With napkins (more like my hands), I wiped the table down furiously, muttering no under my breath. Right where the ramen had spilled, was a picture of me and Sanji together. It was from last week.

I gasped, "No, no, no! Not the picture!" I shouted, trying to clean the picture. I clicked my tongue, my eyes scanning the picture in suspicion and disbelief. "Why is it that the ramen only managed to spill over Sanji's face and not mine?" I muttered, a bad feeling starting to form in the pit of my stomach.

I shook it off, though a shiver ran up my spine. Sighing, I slurped down my noodles, only to be distrubed by something once more.

There was pounding at the door, "KANJI! Open up!"

Growling, I glared at the door. "It's open damn it!" I shouted.

Sakura and Ino came running inside, panting like crazy.

"What is it?" I snapped, sucking a noodle into my mouth.

"It's Sanji!" They shrieked.

"What about him?" I asked.

"He left the village all of a sudden!"

My heart stopped, the cup of ramen I had in my hand crashed to the ground. All it's contents spilling over the ground.

"HE WHAT!?"