i will survive | a.g.

author's note: hey cuties, this is angst. sorry i haven't been active in a while! song is, "i will survive," by gloria gaynor.

Yeah, sure.

A celebrity breaking up with you hurts. Of course, it would hurt. You just didn't know it was going to hurt this much.

He broke up with you. Didn't have the guts to say it in person, just a quick phone call. Had you balling your eyes out for weeks. Not leaving your house to do anything.

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side."

Ignoring all calls. Plans with friends and family canceled. You didn't feel like going, you didn't want them to see you like this. Locking yourself into your room. It caught you by surprise, the call coming out of nowhere.

It wasn't even the fact that he was a celebrity, that hurt you. It was that you dated him. Loved him. Despite the rumors. You thought that maybe if you dug deeper, you'd see something in him that was the opposite of what the media portrays of him.

Guess, you were wrong.

You looked dead. It was fine, anyways. Dead was how you were feeling on the inside.

Bags under your eyes, red all over, hair a mess, and you looked white as a ghost. Thoughts running rampant in your head. What happened? Were you not enough? Did he fall out of love? Was it you? Why? Why? Why?

"But, then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong."

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turning into months. 4 months. It took you four months.

It was hell, but you crawled out.

Eventually, you pieced yourself back together. Slowly, but surely. Making sure to shower and eat regularly. You began going outside, lunches with coworkers and dinner with friends.

You didn't miss him. You've passed that stage, already. You loathed him.

Sure, maybe, it was petty to be mad at him. But, you were a petty person.

"And I grew strong. And I learned how to get along."

The party that your friends invited you to was a celebration of something. Your friends just told you that there was a party, nothing more to it.

Walking around you saw drunk bodies and awful dancing each way you looked. Politely excusing yourself, you drifted away from your friends. They smiled at you, continuing to chat with each other.

Finding the balcony entrance, you sighed. Taking time to relax and look up towards the sky. You leaned against the railing, cup in hand.

It wasn't that you didn't want to hang out with your friends, this was just the first big party you've been to in a while. Sometimes it's too much to handle. The people, the loud music, and loss of personal space.

Going outside always calmed you down. Especially, how the stars glistened in the night. Between the muffled music you could hear and the way you could clearly see each tinkle, you've never felt more at peace.

Closing your eyes, you let the serenity consume you.

The only thing that popped your bubble was the seemingly noisy creek of the balcony door opening. Footsteps made their way behind you.

"(Y/N)?"

Raising a brow, you think about how that voice seemed so familiar to you. A faint memory of something muddled and worn away.

Now that you turned around you could clearly see the person who called your name.

"And so you're back, from outer space."

"Gallagher. It's been awhile."

He looked different than when you last seen him.

A mess. Is what you'd say he looked like.

Hair askew, lips pressed into a tight frown, and dark circles prominent under his eyes. It's like he hasn't slept at all in months. You felt bad for him. Though not enough to say you forgive him for what he did.

"I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face."

You watched him carefully. The next steps he took were to lean against the railing besides you. This wasn't much of a concern to you, but the way Aidan's pinky finger brushed yours made you recoil back.

Finding space between you and him.

Whatever he was trying to do right now wouldn't work on you. And, you made that clear to him by the way you moved away. Clearing your throat, the voice you addressed him with was strong and firm.

Opposite to the lack of confidence in his voice.

Aidan's eyes fixated on the ground. "Yeah, it has been. How have you been doing all this time?"

"I should have changed that stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key. If I'd known for just one second you'd be back to bother me."

You took note of the waver in his tone. The shakiness of his hands. With these small things, combined with how he looked, you automatically knew what was going on.

He missed you.

Mentally, rolling your eyes, you think, "Oh course. It's always never simple with Aidan." Just as you were over him, he had to waltz his way back into your life. This wasn't fair. It truly wasn't.

You weren't going to accept him. You weren't going to experience such heartbreak again. You weren't going to go through this again.

"Cut the bullshit, Gallagher. What's this really about? Ghosting me for months and now you just come up to me and think we're all buddy-buddy now?" You spit out. Seeing him flinch at the venom laced into your words.

"Go on now, go, walk out the door. Just turn around now. 'Cause you're not welcome anymore."

This was the only way to make yourself clear to him.

He wasn't going to push you around, like he did. You aren't going to forgive him anymore. You were done with that. Done with the lies. Done with the heartache. Done with HIM.

Aidan stuttered out a response. "I'm sorry. Really, I am. I've realized where I went wrong. I didn't deserve you. I still don't. But, I'm a mess without you. Please, give me the chance to earn your love back. It's the least you can do."

"Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye? Do you think I'd crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and die?"

His last sentence struck a cord with you. Widening your eyes and scrunching your brows, you fix a hard gaze on him. "I don't owe you shit!"

Your statement shocks him. Steps moving backwards to create even greater distance. In fact, you're even surprised by your own words. You didn't want to sound so harsh, but your thoughts managed to escape.

Trying to calm yourself down, you take a deep breath. Speaking with a clear mind, "Aidan. You broke up with me, left me wondering what I did wrong. You can't walk into my life like this again. I got over you and now it's your turn to get over me."

"But, I can't-"

Raising a hand up to stop him from talking, you continue. "Yes, you can. This isn't healthy. Take care of yourself, Gallagher. You have fans. People who look up to you. Clean yourself up. If not for them, for me." As you finish your sentence, you walk back into the party.

Not sparing a glance back at the broken boy, who was left standing alone in the night.

"Oh no, not I, I will survive."