priority | f.h.

It was a quiet night at the Hargreeves. Which was a rare occurrence, because something would always happen at a random time. 

Taking the moment to relax, Five and you cuddled up on the couch. His siblings either out somewhere or in their respected rooms.

Laptop on the coffee table, the two of you were watching Netflix. Your head rested on his shoulder, Five's arm around you. Feeling how his fingers curled around your hair. Twirling some strands between his hand. You could hear his steady breathing, the movie playing becoming background noise as you focused your attention on Five.

There was an inhale and exhale, the pattern repeating steadily. You lowered your head to his chest. Hearing his heartbeat, the sound calmed you.

Five never had any time to himself, he was mostly spending his time out and about. Saving the world or going along with his siblings. His heart rate would always be beating fast. Between the life threating missions, people trying to kill him, and the constant stress he was in. Those things could really take a toll on Five and his mental state of mind. Delores was a good example.

It made you happy to see him like this. Relaxed and calm. You cuddled closer to him, feeling how he accepted your snuggling quickly. It didn't take you long into your relationship with Five, to learn that he was touch-starved. Being alone for years, with only a mannequin for company can fuck you up. Mentally and physically.

Few months into the relationship, Five was very touchy. No matter where you guys were, he would constantly touch you. An arm around the shoulder, hand holding, waist touching, etc. When you first cuddled, Five had his arms around you tightly. A smile on your face, when you discovered after a few minutes that he was asleep. Light snores escaping his lips, drool trailing.

You thought he looked adorable, like a cute little puppy. Feeling his hair, which was surprisingly soft. Curling the front, the hair twirling and sitting on his forehead. His lips twitched into a small smile. Your heart melted. How can one person be this cute?

"Hey (Y/N)?"

Five's whisper brought your attention back to him. Snapping you from your thoughts. You adored his voice. It was muttered in a low husky tone, his tiredness showing. Five rarely ever uses that tone of voice. He had reserved it for you. The soft side of him only ever was revealed, when he was alone with you.

"Yeah, Five?" You asked him.

Five caressed his thumb over your intertwined hands. "I'd die for you."

You let out a snort. Turning your head up to look at him, as you answered quickly. "I'd die for you first."

"Not if I die for you first," Five quipped.

"Ha! I'd die for you, before you could die for me."

Shifting his whole body to look at you, "Listen, (Y/N). I would fucking kill for you. I would also die for you." Five stared at you, expecting you to back down.

You stared back at him, for a few minutes. You then sigh, "Let's just say, we'd both die for each other."

Five nods, hugging you closer to him. He buries his face in the crook of your neck. Leaving a light kiss on your skin, tickling you.

Klaus, who was listening to Five and yours conversation. He was on the top of the staircase, whispering a quiet, "What the fuck?"