Chapter 5

"Charlee? Charlee, wake up, we're here." Wyatt said, gently shaking me.

I opened my eyes, seeing all of the other kids tense as could be, and Wyatt with his arms around me.

I felt my blush creeping up my cheeks, happy that it was so dark in this van.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Jay asked from the front, glancing at me quickly.

I nodded, and everyone started filing out of the van, pausing as the VK's started hiding the van with a sheet.

We were on the edge of a dark city, a very smelly city.

It looked like there was trash in most places and lots of people on the streets.

"Now, Wyatt, where are those rabbit holes?" Mal asked, looking at Wyatt.

He pulled out his small bag, pulling out one of his marbles.

"This is one of them. Their are four sets. Each one is a different color, which shows which is the coordinating marble. All we have to do is smash it against the ground." He explained to Mal, and she grinned,

"Alrighty. Then smash it bugs bunny," she said, and he threw it to the ground, where it exploded into a black hole.

"Okay. Now, lets go find the hide out," said Jay, putting his arm around me.

"How far away is it? I'm guessing it will take a bit?" I asked him as we started walking through the city, and he chuckled.

"Its a bit. But you get to learn about our horrible city." He replied with a grin, and I glanced over at Wyatt, who was on my other side.

He was clenching his jaw, frustrated about something, but I wasn't quite sure what.

"Hide!" Jay hissed, pulling me into the shadows of a building.

"Whats happening?" I whispered to Jay, who had pulled me close to him.

"Harry Hook. He will cause us so much trouble." Jay whispered, and I saw a guy come into the light of one of the dim street lights.

"I know I saw someone. Come out, come out, wherever you are," said a guy in a Scottish accent, Harry, I presumed.

He was about to see where Mal and Evie were hiding, when I pulled out of Jay's grip, stepping into the light.

"Were you talking to me?" I asked sweetly, hoping I could charm him, and give my friends a chance to get away.

"My my my. What, a, beauty," he said, stalking over to me.

I can't talk in rhymes. It will give me away. I'm sorry. I said to my voices, before responding.

"I am a beauty am I?" I asked him, as he came even closer, lifting a hand to gently trace my cheek.

It sent shivers through my body, but I couldn't tell if they were good or bad.

"I won't deny the truth when I see it. Now, why haven't I seen you before?" He asked, and I watched the others slip away, pulling a very unwilling Wyatt with them.

"I don't get out much. Just like The Evil Queen kept her daughter inside, my family hid me." I replied, and he grinned.

"And who might that be?" He drawled, now rubbing his cold hook across my cheek.

"Wouldn't you like to know. Honestly, they are nobody's. No bother telling you their names, you wouldn't know them anyway." I lied, and he grinned.

"Well I can't say the same for me. My dad's Captain Hook," he said, and I let out a chuckle.

"Its kind of obvious," I replied, moving his hook away from my face, and rolling my eyes.