Chapter 9

Charlee's POV

I followed Uma into the depths, twisting and flipping with my new tail.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, and I grinned.

"I am feeling amazing," I replied, staring at her as I flipped upside down.

"Thats good. How would you feel about going a bit north? My mom once told me about her sister Morgana, the jealous grouch. She has a lair up there with some potions. I hoping to make a potion to let all of the kids on the Isle out." She said, and I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan," I replied, following her as she lead me through the ocean.

She found a strong tide, pulling me into it with her, and our speed picked up considerably. 

The plants in the ocean were much more interesting than the ones in Auradon.

They were more similar to the plants that were in Wonderland, and I started to feel a wave of homesickness.

"So, what kind of powers do you have kitten?" She asked me, and I chuckled.

Telekinesis, I said in her head, and she jumped.

"Well that could be useful. Anything else?" She asked, and I nodded.

"I can turn into a cat, and can pull anything up to bat," I replied, and she nodded.

"Well isn't that cool. I think I made the right decision saving you." I could feel the water getting colder as we swam in the current, and started to notice the ice around us.

Uma pulled me out, both of us swimming towards an area that was covered in huge ice shards.

"What happened?" I asked, shocked at how it looked like a battle field of ice.

The ice shards all had unique shapes, and she paused.

"Well, I don't really know what happened. But there was something to do with Morgana, and Ariel's daughter Melody. Soon after all of the villains were gathered up." She replied, leading us further into the dark.

We had to smash through some layers of ice, but soon we managed to get to her cave.

There was a ledge above water that held a chair, as well as many shelves of potions.

"Yes! Here we go!" Uma said, getting out of the water and standing on the ledge.

I did the same, soon having two legs once again.

She started going through all of the potions, analyzing what was in each one carefully.

"No!" She screeched, smashing one of the bottles down.

She had looked at every bottle, and I guessed that she could not find one that would help get the kids off of the Isle.

"There isn't anything here. I was hoping to find a way to help them without having to steal anything. Those kids, they don't deserve to be there," she said softly, and I nodded.

An idea came into my head, which might work, but it didn't thrill me.

"I could go back," I replied, in the same soft tone that she used.

She glanced up at me, as she had sat down on the ice.

"I might be able to convince them," I added.

"You would do that? Just to help me and a bunch of kids you don't know?" She asked, and I nodded.

"The king helped Wonderland, the Isle needs to take a stand," I answered, and she smiled at me.

"Thank you Charlee. I have a spot that you could go onto land without being seen, if you don't want people knowing of your necklace's power of course." She said, and I nodded.