Chapter 7: Two of a Kind (and AN *new*)

AN: Hi guys! My Sweetheart's Wish has touched 2.2K reads and 555 votes. My heartfelt thanks to each one my readers who made this possible. 😊❤️💖 I dedicate this chapter to all of you. Happy reading.😊

😊

The sunrays from the window hit Gauri's eyes. She drew the comforter over her face as she sprawled on the bed. Let me sleep! She wanted to know what happened after she ran her finger over his...  Her eyes snapped open.

Hey Shankarji! Gauri Kumari Sharma, had the stupid reporters taken away the last of your common sense? Her cheeks took shades of a ripe cherry as the images of Omkara in her dream flashed before her eyes.

A shooting pain weakened her head. She sat up and looked around. It was a neat room with some IPS and law books kept on the table. At least it didn't look like that room. This wasn't an ideal situation where she would want her dream to come true.

How did she come here? She had returned to the police station after admonishing the reporters. What happened afterwards? The pain in her head returned anew.

A sweet-looking, jolly, amiable girl around her age entered with tea in her hands.

"Hi Gauri, I hope this tea makes you feel better."

Gauri blinked.

"Oh, I did not introduce myself. I am Bhavya, ACP Bhavya Pratap Rathore."

She extended her hands. Gauri shook them and accepted her hospitality.

"I am sorry about yesterday," said Bhavya, "Inspector Randhawa kept you waiting because he was in a meeting with me. Later I found you sleeping in my police station so I brought you home, because you are new here and I came to know what had happened."

"Thank you ACP. That's really kind of you!"

"Call me Bhavya. I did not do it as an ACP."

A budding friendship begun as both girls smiled. This friendship would soon turn into a sisterhood owing to their similarities. Both grew up as lone fighters. Both were victims of Kali Thakur's crimes.

"There is one more reason why I brought you home. If I am not wrong you mentioned about Kali Thakur to Inspector Randhawa. His men would be constantly looking for you and I just wanted you to be safe," said Bhavya.

Yesterday someone used the media to trace Gauri's location and spiked her food with the intention of kidnapping her. Which is why she fell into a deep long slumber.

Gauri said, "I am an orphan. My adoptive mother is mostly ill. My rakhi brother used to live in a different city (until now). Before you or Mr. Omkara, nobody really protected me or saved me from anything. I can only feel gratitude for this. I ran away from Bareilly to escape from Kali Thakur. He and his men married village girls and sold them off. He was livid when I escaped and followed me into the city. I came here to study and never return to my past. I wish I could send him to jail for playing with so many lives."