Chapter 3: <Encounter>

Don't mind the video, idk why I put it...

edit 19/4/2021: clearly I'm touching up the book, don't mind me

"Parseltongue"
Spells
>memory/ dream
"Speech"
'Thoughts'

"Ah... Diagon Alley... The one place where friends are made, friendships are screwed up and enemies are made..."

"That... makes it sound very promising. Well, let's get going, we have stuff to get."

The odd pair made their way to their first shop: Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

"Listen, I've got somewhere to go, so I'm leaving you here to do our business. We'll meet outside this shop after we're done. Okay?" Death instructed.

Harry let out a grunt of acknowledgement and entered the store.

"Hogwarts, dear?" a voice came from behind him.

He turned around and saw a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve.

"Yes. I presume that you are Madam Malkin. I'm Harry Potter, pleased to meet you. I'm here for my uniform," The eleven-year-old said.

She blinked at him, surprised at his sophisticated use of language. But the lady swallowed back her surprise and said, "Alright, this way. Got the lot here - another young man being fitted up just now, in fact."

At the back of the shop, a waiting boy around Harry's age stood, tapping his foot impatiently. Madam Malkin stood Harry on a stool next to him, slipped a Long robe over his head and began to pin it to the right length.

"Hey," the pale boy greeted him. "You going to Hogwarts too?"

"Yeah," said Harry.

""My father's next door buying my other school supplies with my Mother," he said, a hint of boredom laced in his voice. "Then I'm gonna drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll bully my Father into getting one for me and I'll smuggle it into school somehow."

Harry inwardly smiled, he liked this boy and his... fierce spirit already.

"Hmm... maybe I'll look at one too. I'm not much of a Quidditch person, but I should give it a try, shouldn't I?" he wondered aloud to the boy next to him.

The pale boy nodded, scrutinising Harry. "I'm Draco Malfoy. What's your name?"

"Harry Potter," he replied. Draco inhaled sharply in surprised. "I'm talking to the Boy Who Lived?"

"More like the Boy Who Got Lucky and Didn't Die," he snorted in response. "It's not a big deal... so what if I survived that curse?"

Draco's eyes widened. "How can it not be a big deal? The killing curse hit you but you didn't die!"

"Eh... lets just say I do know the reason why I didn't die..." Harry said mysteriously, winking at the baffled boy.

He didn't question further. The two continued their casual conversation until Madam Malkin cut in. "Both of you are done. Pick up your things at the counter, and make payment."

The two nodded, and Harry said, "Want to see something?"

Draco inquired curiously, "Sure..."

Harry smirked and jumped from his stool. He turned his body mid-air, and landed on the floor with a flourish.

"Wha... you just did a front flip... how..."

"Oh, I learnt it from somebody... you wouldn't know who it is... it's someone in the muggle world..." 'Who doesn't exist yet...' he thought.

"Harry?" Someone called from outside. Harry peered out of the door. It was his immortal companion, back from whatever errands he had to run. "You done?"

"No, I'm not done, De- err... Wade.. I'm still t-talking to s-someone..." barely able to catch himself mid-name, he stuttered out. He recollected himself.

Death glared at him. He smirked back, knowing somehow he didn't like the name Wade. "I have to discuss with you something. There's no way you're going back to your foster home, so where you plan on staying?"

"Maybe at the Leaky Cauldron... I don't know..."

"Hey, you could stay at my place!" Draco cut in. Harry completely forgot he was there. He turned to him in surprise. "You're willing to take me in for a while? What will your parents say?"

"It's fine. They can't say anything, you're my Friend! Come on, it'll be fun..." he said.

"Sure," he agreed. He caught a hint of happiness flash across the other's face for a second, and it disappeared, being replaced with a neutral look.

"So now that's settled, I'll leave you to your own devices. Buh-bye~" Death stalked off.

"What a nice fellow.." Draco said sarcastically. Harry nodded. 'I know... I had to put up with him for more than 20 years...'

Top of the mornin' to ya! So here's a chapter for you guys. I forgot quite a few details about Harry Potter so I had to refer to the first book. Here y'all go, I'll try to regularly post, I've actually got a plan for this story :)

~craft

Stay awesome!