And The Throne Belongs To ...

Start from the beginning

"Wait, wait, wait!" Tony jumped in. "Gandalf there, found an Infinity Stone, used it and then threw it away? One of the most powerful objects in the galaxy and you just tossed it? Like some piece of garbage?"

"Used it how?" Thor asked.

"The Resurrection Stone is a part of a set of three called the Deathly Hallows," Harry replied slowly. "The story went that the Stone could be used to recall souls that had departed back to our realm so that we could talk to them. During the final battle, I was walking to what I thought was my certain death and so I used it to call my parents, my godfather and my honorary uncle to me to give me the strength to do what I had to."

"And those people came back to life?" Pietro asked disbelievingly.

"No, no magic has that power," Harry said, shaking his head. "However, their shades came to me and stayed with me for as long as I held them with me."

"That is without doubt the power of the Soul Stone," Thor nodded.

"Agreed," Wong said. "You have proven yourself to be its Protector, its Master."

"What I don't get is how you didn't recognise it? It looks pretty distinctive to me," Tony said.

Harry simply shrugged. "Because that's not what the Resurrection Stone looked like."

"I don't understand," Wanda said.

"The Stone was covered in a protective black rock that hid its true appearance," Daisy replied. "I had to use quite a strong Quake to shatter it."

"Harry, you said that the Stone was a set of three? What did you mean?" Doctor Strange asked.

A hand gesture prompted Hermione to answer.

"The Deathly Hallows," she said, drawing her wand and using her magic to draw a flaming red design in the air for all to see. "The Cloak of Invisibility, which has been in Harry's family for generations. "The Elder Wand, also known as the Death Stick, which Harry recklessly destroyed ..."

"You know why I did," Harry defended himself. "It was too dangerous to leave lying around for anyone to use."

"Which none but you could use, you know that, Harry. You were its master," Hermione frowned before finishing her lecture. "And the Resurrection Stone."

"But where did they come from? How did an Infinity Stone end up hidden in the Wizarding World on Earth?" Carol asked.

"The story goes that the three objects were given to three brothers by Death himself," Hermione shrugged. "And unfortunately, there isn't any information beyond that."

"Death?" Pietro echoed.

"So, the story goes," Hermione reiterated.

"I very much doubt that it was literally 'Death'," Doctor Strange stated. "Most likely it was a being of immense power that the people of that time took to be an avatar of Death, perhaps due to their extra-terrestrial origins."

"As good a theory as any," Carol nodded.

"But if one of the three was an Infinity Stone, what powers did the other two have?" Wong asked.

Harry shrugged. "I snapped the Elder Wand, so whatever power it once had is gone. As to my Cloak, it does what it says on the package. It's a Cloak of Invisibility; it can hide anyone under it from all forms of detection."

"What worries me is that we have three of the Infinity Stones not only on Earth but sitting here in this room," Steve stated. "And you said that there's a being out there who wants to find them all and use them?"