Just Keep Swimmimg

I stared blankly at the dragon's wing. What I'd originally thought was a cut, was more of a rash. But the Vigilante Dragon Lady had another idea.
It took a while for us to bring Ash back to Berk - he hobbled along, in obvious pain caused by the pressure on his wing.
When we arrived in the Village, Dexi and I held back in the bush, while Hiccup and Toothless sought Valka's help.
"Hey, mom?"
"Yes son?"
"Er... Could you take a look at this?"
His mother turned and frowned at the Nightmare before her. She crouched down beside its wing, frowning.
"An eel sting." She declared.
Everyone stared at her blankly.
"An electric eel sting?" She sighed.
"Ohhhh!"
She rolled her eyes. "An obvious encounter with an eel. They seem to be everywhere these days. We're yet to find the reason."
Hiccup looked thoughtful. "If all the eels are coming to the surface of the water, something must be driving them up from below!"
Valka nodded in agreement. I poked my head out from the bush. "But what though?"
Everyone turned to me now. Hiccup spoke up.
"I don't know; but I'm not gonna wait until we find out."

------

For a girl with zero flying experience, I was picking it up pretty darn well. If I do say so myself.
Dexi was doing exceptionally well - her new body was built for speed, and by Thor she knew it.
"Slooooooowww doooooownnn!" I screamed as she dived full speed toward the ocean. She pulled up at the last second, spiralling into the sky, looping around, spinning, gracefully gliding-
Anyway, we'd left Ash in care, so Valka, CloudJumper, Hiccup, Toothless, Dexi and I flew out to sea in a hope to find the mysterious... Mystery.
We hovered over the waves, the dragons' wings beating in unison.
I stared blankly at the water.
"How are we supposed to find what's under there if we're out here?" I queried.
Valka laughed. "Dragons!"

-----

"Ok, are you ready?" Hiccup called. I gulped.
"I guess..."
Valka grinned. "One, two, three! DIVE!"
SPLASH
The water surrounded me, bubbles fizzing in my ear.
We'd just dived under water, clinging on to the backs of our dragons. Luckily, all three knew how to swim. I held my breath until my lungs began to ache; I then tapped Dexi's head and she swam up to the surface.
Valka and CloudJumper came next, but Hiccup and Toothless were nowhere to been seen. A minute passed as I soon began to worry.
"Er, how long exactly can Hiccup hold his breath?"
Valka shook her head. "Not longer than 30 seconds. I do hope he's ok..."
Suddenly a small splash revealed a gasping head.
"Hiccup!"
We swam over, as he gulped down the air. Valka hauled him onto CloudJumper's back as he floated in the water.
"Where's Toothless?" She asked. Hiccup continued to inhale deeply.
"Big *gulp* drag *gulp* on!" He closed his eyes and collapsed. Valka shrieked.
"Son!"
I gasped. Below my feet I felt the water ripple. Fish and eels swam past rapidly. The dragons roared nervously.
From the depths of the ocean came an enormous echoing call, full of anger and hatred. Valka and I exchanged terrified looks.
"I think we've found our mysterious mystery..."