Chapter 5: "Hugs make perfect"

"Haley, this has to stop right now!" Lucy argued

"Let it go, C. I won't talk to him, he didn't even apologize." I closed my locker after getting my books for chemistry class.

"I know he didn't, but I just can't stand the tension between you two. Maybe he didn't find a chance to talk to you about it?" She thought positively, I looked at her sternly.

"Lucy, it has been a month since I told both of you about Stacey contacting me. A whole month! I guess people can find at least one chance to make things right if they want to." I stressed on 'if' then she walked with me to my class. 

After I received messages from Stacey, I went to Lucy and Daniel. I wanted them to see that I wasn't lying. Lucy apologized with shame while Daniel didn't seem to find a simple 'sorry' was meant to be given to me. 

"I guess you are right, I don't know why I am defending him." She said with drooping shoulders.

"Hey, don't overthink it. This is my issue after all not yours so, no need to take it all on your shoulders." I nudged her with my elbow playfully, trying to lighten her mood.

"Speaking of issues, I need your help with something. I have some issues with English, I am stuck with our assignment and it's due tomorrow. Can you wait for me after school to help me with it?" We both stopped as we reached my class.

"Yeah, sure! See you at Math." I waved goodbye and entered the class to be greeted by a boring stare of Daniel.

⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎⭐︎

The sun wasn't shining with its full rays as the clouds cast shadows. Winter was around the corner so, today I was wearing a striped black and grey pullover with denim jeans. 

Fellow students soon arrived followed by Mrs. Miller with a scowl on her face. 

This woman needs some memes in her life!

"Open up page 54, everyone. Finish that exercise first then move on to today's experiment." She commanded monotonously. 

Good morning to you too, I rolled my eyes backwards.

I opened my coursebook to face a couple of unanswerable questions. I tried my best to write something, anything! But, my mind was completely blanked so, I started drawing some hearts and stars all over the page. 

I heard someone scoff next to me and knew that this could never be anyone, but Daniel. I let out a huff and ignored him. I kept doodling carelessly until I found someone's shadow hovering over me. I looked up to see Mrs.Miller's shooting daggers at me with her death glare.

"What are you doing, Haley?" She bellowed. I shot her a toothy grin and responded: "I am drawing doodles?" I replied in almost a question tone. She scowled hard and slammed the cover of my book shut.