Chapter Twenty-Four: You're Nothing To Us

Start from the beginning

"Of course, this means we may have to fight the completely invisible or lure them away," White took over. "But it won't cause any unnecessary risks nor would it damage the city too badly. This town already blames our kinds for the damage anyway. Why make it worse? As for us, we'll be traveling in and out of the Ghost Zone and Mystic Isles to investigate there. We'll talk to the other rulers, lords, and royal families in our realms about they have gathered themselves. Plus, there are also a lot of seers and oracles that could also shed some light on what's to come."

Nightwing, Aqualad, Superboy, Red Arrow, Tempest, and Robin all nodded their heads in agreement. Beast Boy, Impulse, and Miss Martian clearly showed their discomfort but agreed to it anyway.

Cyborg openly questioned it. "But what if we need to take care of the ghost immediately and you won't be able to arrive as quickly as we would need you? We'll need an immediate response."

Siren looked at the redhead next to them.

"Is she still in town, Jazz," he asked her.

"That girl would need to be dragged out of town by her hair to stop her from trying to deal with those government goons," Jazz smirked.

"We shouldn't be surprised that she isn't gonna let them plan this invasion without some type of rebellion in response," Danny said. "Even if they try to take her down, she will go down kicking and screaming... and with a very high body count."

"No truer words have been spoken about a single person," Jazz agreed. "She was very determined after I gave her part of the letter to her."

"So she has been keeping Krinos in check," White asked, but still snickered.

"After you guys first left, Krinos was understandably pissed off," Jazz explained. "He wanted to turn this entire town, and everyone in it, into poisonous plants. She talked him out of it."

"Why poisonous," Karen asked.

"Who wants to visit a place that's entirely made of things that can kill you," Jazz pointed out to them. "And if nobody comes, nobody ever finds out what happened and tries to undo it."

Most of the team made faces like "OOO," realizing that.

"Not that they could," White shrugged. "Krinos is one of the most powerful mystics in all the realms. There are few that even come close to his amount of magical power. If there are any at all."

"From what I've seen, you and Melinda could both give him a run for his money," Jazz says.

"That's one sparring match I do not want to get in the middle of," Danny commented.

"I don't mean disrespect to whoever your friend is, but can one person really make a difference," Dick asked them.

Phantom sighed, brushing a hand through his hair like he usually did. "As much as I hate to do it, or even say it, but the Fentons, Foley, and Manson will be on standby as well."

"WHAT," was yelled once again.

"The Fenton's have ghost tech which will obviously help if there's a fight," White explained. "Sam and Tucker also have plenty of experience from all the fighting they did with us back in the day. They also all live closer to where most attacks will be. As well as they'll be able to respond faster than we would. Especially if we happen to be in the Ghost Zone or Mystic Isles if you called."

As much as the Team did not want to admit it, the twins were right. There was no way they could make it back in time if they called him for an emergency while they were away to fulfill their duties work with their allies in the Zone and on the Isles. Great, now they were going to have to deal with his ex-parents and ex-friends. Heavy on the "Ex."