69.

Nevaeh

I took a deep breath deciding I'd read whatever was written on the pages. I could tell right away it was Damien's writing, but it looked as though ...no, it couldn't be...was he crying writing it?

I put the thought aside as I decided to read the pages through...

Dear Nevaeh,

I know you're getting this because I'm no longer alive, (for real this time).

Anyway, I'm writing this in a coward move I know, but I couldn't face you. I know that the things I've done to you were not right, not in any way, shape or form and I'm sorry.

I've had some real problems most of my life, but I kept them hidden from mom and dad, at least I think I did. The thing is I was angered at the thought of anyone else coming in, it just happened to be you, so I took it out on you. It didn't make it right, I knew that, yet I did it.

I hope one day you'll find happiness and all the love you deserve, because you're truly an amazing young woman sis. You stood up to me to put me where I should've been.

At first I was totally pissed, but it took guts and that you have. I've come to know I have no place out there, and no friends. All I do is hurt everyone with no regard and so I'm taking care if that.
Just know that deep down, I never really hated you or wanted to hurt you.  With that I'm going to say goodbye and I love you Nevaeh.

                  Love always your brother, Damien

After reading his words I was crying. He'd never told me he was sorry ever for what he had done. He had never told me he loved me, his words now....I just....they really threw me.

Harry was watching me with caution and closely. Looking like he wanted to say something, but stopping himself several times. Then he came over to me and wrapped his arms around me "baby, are you ok?" he asked. I nodded "yeah, it's just...h-he never told me h-he loved me till now, when he's gone"  Harry took my hands and said "baby, maybe he was ashamed of his actions and he truly did love you, deep under the hate he had. He wanted you to know" How does he do it? He didn't read my note, yet he knew on a level.

"Harry, will you call Mr. Murphy and tell him I'd like my brothers things if it's not to late and set up a burial?"

"Of course I will baby"

Harry started to make the calls, never leaving my side.

It was hard to think of getting his things, but I'd do it. It will take time, but after knowing he actually loved me, I'm going to try for forgiveness.

It was a tiring day. I was thankful for our friends to be keeping the kids another night.

Harry called Bren and JoJo asking if it'd be ok if we picked the kids up as we had to go out again tomorrow? They both had agreed it wasn't a problem.

Harry

Pulling up to the prison the following morning. I had called to see beforehand if I could just pick up the items, since Nevaeh had already signed the papers the day before. They said I could, so here I was inside awaiting them to retrieve the items for me as Nevaeh waited in the vehicle. Then we'd be on our way to our amazing children. I hope they can help her smile.

Once home with the kids, it was a beautiful day outside. We decided to let them run out some energy in hopes that they'd hopefully go to sleep early with the fresh air and all. Along with the rough couple days mom and dad have had it'd help a lot.

The three of them played hard, but checked up on Nevaeh every once in a while. I did as well, but also played as a monster to chase them to keep them on the go, hoping to tire them out. They ran and laughed hard. To our luck it worked.

We were all in bed by 9. I held Nevaeh as we drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

I knew it was hard for my beautiful girl. I would be here for her though through it all.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

How do you feel about what Damien did?

Like ☆

Comment