17

I groaned as he took a step closer to me. "Let's go," he growled. He pulled me by my arm possessively, dragging me through the crowd of people straight to the bar. He took out his wallet, slamming it onto the bar. Ohhhh, he was angry. But so was I god damn it!

"I'll close her tab," he said in a low voice, pointing toward me. I narrowed my eyes in on my very guilty, but beautiful looking friend, Yvette. As she sashayed toward me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I called him, because I love you too much to watch you self destruct." She whispered, pulling back to cup my face.

"I'm sorry," she mouthed. I rolled my eyes, drunkenly slapping her away.

"I'll remember to thank you later." I groaned C.J.'s arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"You will if you remember," she kissed my cheek. "You'll get her home safe?" She asked C.J. with narrowed eyes.

"I'm here, aren't I?" He asked in annoyance and Yvette nodded, walking away cautiously.

"Come on," he yanked me again, pulling me out the door toward his car. This felt familiar. So familiar.

We sat in the car for a minute no words spoken. The tension in the air strangled the breaths from my lungs and I wanted to zap it with a laser. Or zap him!

"Thank God my knight in shining armor showed up!" I sarcastically shouted like the bitter woman I was. Throwing my bitter arms in the air, bitterly. Because I am so full of fucking bitterness I could be a fucking lemon. If I was going to do some damage, I might as well yell at the man who deserved all my rage.

He looked over at me, keeping his composure. Probably biting the inside of his cheek to keep from yelling at me.

"I was... was fine ya know?" I wiped a hand across my forehead, groaning at the headache forming in the front of my brain. Pounding with every word I said. God, I was already hungover, what was tomorrow going to feel like?

"But... you---you ruined men for me!" I shrieked looking over at him. As he cocked his head to the side, much like a cute little doggie would. Except he didn't look cute! No--no! He looked mean and rabid. So very rabid! I'm surprised foam didn't fall from his curled up lips.

"How?" He growled through his teeth. A small vein popping from his forehead, turning his whole face a lovely shade of angry red.

"With that---that tongue! And that!" I pointed to his crotch and his eyes looked down in slight amusement. And I mean so very slight, he still looked like he was about to boil me alive. Thank God there weren't any cooking pots around. No Mercy for dinner tonight!

"Ugh--" I groaned.

"So that boy......?" He started, pointing toward the bar with an open palm.

Jealous much? I snickered to my drunk-self.

"Needs some lessons. Ya know, he should read your shit. I'll suggest that to him and then maybe he'll know how to use his shit properly. Just-just write a sex book already. God, that'd be amazing! Teach these other idiots how you do what you do." I slurred every ounce of my words, trying to get my stupid tongue to work. Damn you, Jose, I thought we were friends! I put my head back on the headrest, closing my eyes.

Pound. Pound. Pound. Stupid head. Stupid decisions. Why do I do this to myself?

He rubbed his fingers along my cheeks, warming my frigid soul, burning me with his touch. "You're a goddamn drama queen." He growled through his clenched teeth again. "If your friend wouldn't have called me..."