Chapter 6

[6 — The Past]

A/N:

   264 reads since then?! And people 'voting'on this?? Thank you for the support... I seriously didn't expect anybody to even read this, or even like it!

--------------------

|| 049's P.O.V ||

   I watched as you rampantly shook your head and as your lips quivered. "N-No! I-I can't... I can't..."

   My gaze softened a bit, a sudden form of pity coming over me. Memories of how you used to be came back to me in waves. You really had changed. I knew if your past self was seeing you right now, they would surely be disappointed.

   Not that I was disappointed in you.

   An idea came to mind on how we would've been able to make it away from the guard. "Then I—" I was brought out of my words when I was suddenly thrown to the side, and before I could react, a sharp pain splintered through my head as it had crashed against the wall.

   I felt a bit of panic rush into me, now realising you were vulnerable. With that in mind, I had pushed myself onto my hands and knees on the floor, and lifted my head up, though such an action caused the pain to only worsen.

   Flinching, my fingers furled as I lowered back down halfway, holding my head as if it'd ease the pain.

   I was worried about you more than myself, knowing you were in a high disadvantage, given the man was highly trained in combat and had a gun.

   From where I was, I wanted to help— Badly— But I wasn't going to do any good with janky movements due to the hit I had taken on my head, so all I was able to do was watch and hope.

   You had flailed and struggled desperately, the guard becoming rapidly frustrated with you throughout the process. I held my breath each time you were close to dying, a strong urge to do something gnawing at me despite the fact that I couldn't.

   He held you once more at gunpoint, the terror and desperation clear in your expression. I lowered my head a bit, the arm I was using for support shaking whilst I tried to get up— Perhaps to distract him to give you another chance. "N-N..."

   However, I relaxed myself when I heard the scraping of concrete across the floor, and then that of a neck being forced into an unnatural angle.

   My vision still blurry to a small extent, I gazed up to see 173 positioned over the now dead body of the man. The 'conversation' between you and him was short enough, as I watched you pass out onto the floor.

   Taking in deep breaths, I had no choice but to remain where I was, wishing my head would hurry up and clear.

   I wanted to get to you— I needed to get to you, and I needed to get you somewhere safe and I needed to—

   The scraping rapidly neared me.

   "Hey, bird-brain, are you going to get off the floor or what?" The voice of 173 hovered over me. I wasn't even sure how it could speak, but I supposed that was to be expected.

   I gently shook my head. "The guard had hit my head pretty hard."

   "Tough luck for you, then." He said, then moving back over to you.

   Keeping my head down to give the statue moving capabilities, I managed to place one hand on the wall to continue trying to stand without falling back over right afterwards.