The Ashes

Fred Figglehorn hallucinated. Plutarch wants to take Fred to see the ashes of his destroyed neighborhood. They board on the hovercraft and Bertha rides with them too. As soon as they arrived in Twelve, Fred wants to see them alone, just him. Fred stands in the ash-covered ruins of his cul-de-sac neighborhood. Fred's head hurts from where he was unconscious in the final night of the Quarter Quell. Fred sees dead bodies at Kevin's house where they threw a Quarter Quell party watching their Games. Fred even sees their school and the Hob destroyed. Fred last sees the Victor's Village, the only place still standing. Fred goes inside and remembers what Snow had said to him before he left to Tour the districts. Fred mourns the loss of his former district and has to live in underground called District 13. Among the people Bertha saved are mainly Fred's mother and friends and some others who helped take care of the refugees until people from District 13 showed up and took 12's remaining folks to safety. Even Kevin's bakery was destroyed, sadly his mother did not make it either. Kevin would not have a home to come to, except to Fred. When Fred was in the Victor's Village, he finds a rose with a note on it saying I'm watching you. Fred knew it and steps on the rose. Fred says die, you stupid rose! Die! Fred's imaginary dad pops up. ( John Cena) Fred says dad what are you doing here? His imaginary dad says as the Mockingjay you have the privilege to kill President Snow. Fred says cool, I want to kill Snow! His dad says that's why he left you a rose because he's watching you and always be watching you. Fred says it's creepy and I want him dead! His dad says you deserve that privilege and to take down the Capitol! Fred says yeah, I will! Fred's imaginary dad disappears into thin air. Fred walks back out side and finds a meowing cat, Buttercup, Holly's cat. Fred stuffs him inside his bag and gets into the hovercraft ride back to District 13. Their District 13 leader President Alma Coin, has been trying to tell Fred that they want him to step forward and lead the revolution and to be the Mockingjay. Coin says I knew we should have rescued the other boy first, meaning Kevin. But no one would agree to it. Making the situation worse for Fred. Fred now knows who else escaped, Finnick who is emotionally damaged and Beetee who is in a wheelchair being paralyzed from the waist down. The biggest thing keeping Fred involved is that Kevin is not safe yet.