Chapter 1

Fresh continued to strum his electric guitar. It helped keep him calm and clear his mind. Fresh was a pink demon with fangs, two triangles as horns, arms and legs that were connected to each other by spikey balls, and that had one eye. He wore a dark reddish pink and black leather jacket with a spiked zipper, a red and gold spiked collar and bracelet, ripped jeans, and black combat boots. His hair was red with a pink streak and his left horn had a piercing. 

He had run into some haters. They weren't haters of his music, they were people who just hated him in general. I mean, he didn't really blame them for hating him after what he did, but could they at least not beat him up?

He was much smaller now and it seems like most of his haters were taller than others. He used to be 7'3, but was now 6'2. 'Probably just looking for a reason to beat someone up.' He thought bitterly. Well, at least it was him and not a little kid or some sh*t like that. Not only did he get beat up by them, he couldn't fight back. It would look bad, but he also didn't want to hurt anybody anymore. He wanted to make up for the f*cked up sh*t he did in the past. But that wasn't exactly easy when no matter what he did, someone always had to give him sh*t. He sighed. Usually he would just strum his guitar for about an hour and remember his fans and it would go away, but something they had said really bothered him. 

"You are a monster. You claim to be friends with the people you almost killed and corrupted. They are only going along with it to make sure you don't f*ck up our paradise again. But one small mistake, and your out. If I were them I would kick you out in a heartbeat. But, they can't see you're nothing but trouble, they think it's the best choice. No, the best choice would be you DEAD." He shook his head when he felt tears gather in his eyes. It wasn't like all of what he said was wrong, maybe all of it was right.

Well, if so he didn't blame them for doing that. He was a monster. Made to play a single part. He held back his tears, remembering one of his rules.

"Don't cry, for it makes you look weak. I don't care how much pain, mentally or physically you're in, do NOT cry." Fresh sighed and returned to his strumming. Eventually it will go away. It always does.

About two hours later he heard a knock on the door. He hoped it was too dark to see his wounds. He checked the clock. 'Wow, it's already 2AM.'

He walked over to the door and opened it. Of course, it was Saber and Cyan, the hero and his Protector. Cyan was a darkish blue square with a cyan jacket, jeans, blue and white sneakers, and blue hair with a greenish blue streak in the middle. He had grown a lot taller in the eight years since the pink corruption, he was now about 6'5. Sabre was a light blue cube with a whitish blue coat, a white undershirt, bluish black dress pants, and blue dress shoes. He used to be much taller than Cyan at 6'0, but he was now smaller than him. He let them in and went to his kitchen.

He got out 2 sodas and herbal tea. He walked into the living room and handed a soda to Cyan and the tea to Sabre. They thanked him and walked over to the couch. Fresh carefully set his beloved guitar gently on the ground and sat back in his seat. "So why are you guys here this time?" 

"We wanted to check on you, and make sure you're ok." 'Bullsh*t, you just want to make sure I wasn't doing anything bad.' He thought. He didn't say that though, just nodded. "A-And…" Cyan said, nervous about something.

"Hmm?" Sabre rolled his eyes when Cyan couldn't speak. "He wants to invite you to a picnic in about a week. It's to celebrate the other heroes returning from college. It'll be you, me, him, Captain Vinus, Breeza, Jade, Copper, Marigold, Lycanth, and Barra. So, what'd you say?" Fresh began to think, feeling a bit of excitement. No one had ever asked to hang out with them, and Lycanth and Barra were still chill with him somewhat.

Maybe he could get at least somewhat ok with the others too. "Sure, why not?" 

Cyan jumped up happily and hugged Fresh. Fresh hissed slightly since he hugged the worst injury. Cyan bounced off. "Fresh? What's wrong?"

Fresh tried to hide his expression and shrugged. "Just surprised me." Cyan gave him an 'Oh really?' look. "Sabre light." Sabre dashed over to it and turned it on. They gasped at the injuries he had. 'Sh*t sticks, should've taken care of those and wore a jacket.' "Fresh… H-How did this? Who?..."

Fresh looked down. "It's really nothing guys, just a little accident that happened." "Bullsh*t." Fresh and Cyan's eyes widen. Sabre never cusses.

Cyan ran to the bathroom to find the first aid kit. Sabre looked pissed.

"Fresh, tell me who did this and who did this now." Fresh stayed quiet.

"Fresh. Now." Fresh slowly nods and breathes in. "I don't know who they are, but they were haters. Not of my music, but of my…" He trailed off.

Sabre's eyes softened and turned into the rage of a thousand suns at the same time. "Oh… Fresh." He hugs him gently. "Why didn't you say anything? I'm so sorry, sadly there is shapes like that." Fresh nods, feeling his eyes water a bit. He held back. Why did he feel like he was about to cry?

Cyan walked back out with the first aid kit. He hands it to Sabre and he begins to patch him up, noting the other scars that covered his body.

"How… often does this happen?" Fresh shrugs. "Three times a month at least."

Sabre's mouth drops and Cyan gets out a pen and paper, a fury in his eyes that Fresh hadn't seen since Sabre became Corrupted, ready to find out who these f*ckers are. "What can you tell me about them?" Cyan asks, pissed off clearly. "It's fine, you don't need to." "What. Can you. Tell me. About them?" Fresh sighs. "Most of them are flowers, about a foot taller than me. The main guy has green and blue hair, is covered and circles and triangles, and goes by the name of Thrasher." Cyan snorts as he writes it down. "Thrasher? Seriously? How much more predictable can you get?"

Fresh chuckles and nods. "Have to agree with you there." Sabre finishes bandaging him. "There we are! Now, were staying here tonight." "Umm, why?" "Because your hurt and should not be doing anything. It's 2:00 and you're awake and strumming your guitar while being this injured? Not happening." Fresh groaned. "I'm fine, it's not like I need to sleep anyway."

Sabre picks him up and brings him over to the couch. "W-Wha?" "I know you don't like to sleep, but maybe it's just your bed! Let's see if the couch is better." Fresh sighs and doesn't fight back anymore. There really is no point. Sabre sets him on the couch. Fresh turns the other way and closes his eyes. Wow, he really was tired.

Maybe he'd just, drift off. 

AN- And that is the first chapter! The next chapter should be sometime soon, since all I have to do is edit it a bit. Hope you enjoyed!