Chapter Forty-Eight: No, Hit Me

Start from the beginning

"That's the whole point," he said. "Let's eat instead and not go the library."

"Parker."

"Yes? That's my name."

I laughed and hit him playfully on the shoulder. But then he grabbed my hand and held me close to him.

"Y'know," he whispered to me. "You still owe me a dance back at the party."

"I thought guys thought it was lame to dance."

"Well, it is," Parker said. "Not unless it's a reason to hold you close to me, like this-"

Parker held my hand, and then put his other on my waist. Then he started to sway with me, humming some random tune of a song I don't recognize. I couldn't help but laugh and dance with him.

I felt bad of course. After Zorro left the party, I was out of it the rest of the night. That partying mood I had before the party started had gone. Parker must've notice that and we left the party. I was as disappointed as he was, that wasn't able to enjoy the party like I should have, like I wanted to.

He suddenly stopped humming and leaned into to kiss me. The both of us stopped dancing and were left kissing each other.

"Ugh, don't do that here," someone said in disgust. "No one wants to see something like that."

Parker and I paused to see Raymond standing there.

"Then look away," Parker simply replied before kissing me again.

But it must be uncomfortable having someone watch you kiss your boyfriend. So after a... couple minutes of torturing Raymond we finally let go. What? Who said we were the ones who were uncomfortable?

"The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is bleach my eyes," Raymond muttered.

"Go on home then, no one is stopping you."

"I'll be sure to do that," Raymond said, and then he smiled. "So how are you guys?"

I blinked. "How are we?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, a simple question that needs a simple answer."

"Great," Parker said, pulling me close and eyeing him. "We're great."

"I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you."

"What do you-"

Raymond stretched and yawned. "Well, I should be heading home now and find some of that bleach. See you guys." With that, he walked away.

"That was weird," I said to Parker.

"I know," he agreed. "Something's up."

"He's hiding something, that's for sure."

Parker nodded to the parking lot. "Let's go to the library now."

"No food first?" I asked in surprise.

"How about drive thru?" Parker offered.

"Deal. With all of the food talk, I wanted to eat now too at the same time go to the library."

Parker grinned. "I knew you were going to give in sooner or later."

The both of us started heading towards the parking lot to Parker's car. The both of us decided to take a shortcut to the parking lot which is located next to the school, by going around the back. It's to not only to avoid kids taking the front entrance, but so we can go eat then go to the library.

"What do you mean you don't study?"

Parker shrugged. "I'm never ready for tests. You know pop quizzes? Everything pops up at me, pop quizzes, pop tests, pop mid-terms, pop finals. When I do find out, I either cram as much as I can at the last minute or guess on the whim."