|| FOUR ||

"Have I seen you somewhere? You look kind of familiar." The boy scratched his neck, constantly shifting his gaze from the floor to you.

You stood there, silent. You took a quick scan on his face and when nothing clicked, you shrugged.

You froze when you heard the girl earlier from the canteen walk past you, she's still talking to her friends and it relieved you because you really didn't want to deal with her right now.

"Nah, I don't think so dude. Maybe I resemble someone you know." You shifted your attention to the boy in front of you once more, answered his question and scratched your neck, not really sure what to do about the situation.

He nodded at your answer and stared, yeah, stared at you for like 10 seconds. You stood there, tapping your foot. His staring made you a bit uneasy, since you're not used with being stared at. But then again, who feels comfortable when someone you don't know stares at you?

He shrugged his shoulders as if to wake himself up and smiled.

"Maybe." He said and glanced at his wrist, looking at his watch. "Oh, the time. I'm gonna be late. See you around, I guess?"

You took that time to look at his ID but didn't really have the chance to look at his name, only the class he belonged in since he ran quickly right past you.

Class 4-B.

A senior huh?

You looked at the direction on where he ran to and decided to proceed with
walking towards your classroom.

It didn't take you that long to reach your destination and was immediately met with the loud noise from inside. You sighed, when was it never loud anyway?

You ducked your head and went inside, silently cursing when the talking and laughing that caused the loud noise died down.

You made your way to your seat and was immediately aware of the eyes staring right at your skull.

Ah fuck, I regret it now....

You were aware that all those stares that they were giving you was because of what happened at the canteen.

Yesterday, you were that normal, quiet girl with no one giving a care for your existence, and you liked it that way. You liked how you don't get involve in any dramas in the school. You're just there, loving the experience of a peaceful high school life.

That all had to change, just because you talked back to that girl.

You actually know her, just not her name. She's known as the queenbee of your school, whatever that is. You've heard all rumors surrounding her, but you didn't care. You knew you shouldn't have talked back to her knowing that she always gets her way, and now your mentally punching yourself for not thinking about the consequences.

You were once the quiet and mysterious girl, now, everybody's giving the attention that you didn't want, never wanted. You sighed for like the hundredth time today and buried your head in your arms that was lying on the table.

To your relief, the teacher that was assigned for the next period entered the room and greeted everybody with a loud, cheery voice. That caused all the attention shifting that was once on you , then to the optimistic teacher.

You envied his optimism.

Finally

You quickly packed your things, pulled your hoodie over your head and walk-ran towards the exit. You breathed out in relief when nobody didn't give a care anymore, no judging eyes that were slowly destroying your confidence, if there was one to begin with. Okay, maybe you did but it wasn't that high.