Prologue

"Be careful out there, Remus."

"You know I always am, brother dear."

Those were the last few words Roman had exchanged with his twin, before the other man went completely missing. It's been a month since Remus had traveled to one of the neighboring kingdoms. He should have been back by now bearing news of how the treaty went, or even with crates of new produce that will benefit their kingdom as he'd have traded in their own goods for them.

The young Prince Roman, now a King, couldn't keep still as he kept pacing around his study, deep in thought of what might have happened to his brother. They may have a tendency to quarrel a lot, but they do care for one another dearly.

"Roman?" A familiar deep, yet soft voice calls out to him, bringing him to a halt as he looks up to meet eyes with his concerned father.

The former King, Thomas, saw the tears welling up in his son's eyes, and couldn't hold back his own as he engulfed Roman in a hug.

"I miss him, Papa..." The latter's voice came out more as a whisper, a slight cracking at the end from how much the absence of his brother has affected him. The former King let out a shaky breath, his hold on Roman never loosening.

"I know, Ro... I miss him, too."

The two stayed like that for a few minutes, only breaking apart when Logan and Patton, Roman's advisors, come rushing to them frantically.

"Our sincere apologies for barging in like this, your Majesty." Logan says to Thomas, who all but assures them that it's fine.

"Did something happen?" Roman asks, his hand unconsciously reaching for his sword.

"Nothing dangerous, Roman, don't worry." Patton tells him, "It's just that a royal guard came rushing to us with a letter, saying that it be brought to you at once. It's addressed to you, actually, and... We think it might be from Remus." A hopeful smile stretches across the advisor's face after his explanation.

Without hesitation, Roman quickly opens the letter Logan handed to him, his eyes scanning the content. His breath hitches when he reads over the words "taken hostage".

Judging by the horrified look on his son's face, Thomas could tell something was wrong.

"Roman? What does it say- "

"Remus is being kept against his will in the kingdom of Armadon."

Patton and Thomas gasp, while Logan quirks a brow at the unfamiliarity of the kingdom's name.

"I've never heard of that kingdom before... Did they mention what they wanted in return?"

Roman shakes his head, "No, but it doesn't matter. We need to go rescue him!"

"I suggest we formulate a plan first."

"There's no time!" The young King's voice booms, "We need to go now! Who knows what they're doing to him over there!"

"Kiddo... breathe for me, please." Patton soothes, slowly approaching his royal friend, "I know you're desperate to bring back Remus. We are, too. But we can't just go on a rescue mission willy nilly. Logan's right, we need a plan."

"I-... Ugh, yeah. You're right." Roman groans, massaging his temple before turning to his other advisor apologetically, "I'm sorry for yelling, Logan. I shouldn't have done that."

The logical thinking advisor simply dismisses the other man's behavior and brings their focus back on the matter at hand, "Apology accepted, Roman. Now, if we want to bring your brother back, we better get to planning. Time is of the essence."

"Ooh, ooh! I have a friend who's brother is a sorcerer! If we can get him to help, I'm sure we'll be able to locate this mystery kingdom faster." Patton chirps up.

The young King nods, immediately having Patton fetch this so-called sorcerer while he, Logan, and his father begin formulating a plan to rescue his brother.

They're going to need all the help they can get.