The Call

Flashback

Thailand, Blackpink in Your Area World Tour, January 2019

"Yesterday, I asked who are single. Now, I'm going to ask who are already taken?!", Lisa asked the crowd excitedly.

The crowd went wild, couples screaming their lungs out and proudly waiving their pyongbongs.

That's when I, the great Jisoo, pulled the greatest fan service of all time. I raised my hand and said, "Me too!"

Lisa was awestruck and asked me "Unnie who?"

The brave Jisoo in me, pointed to her and said "YOU".

After that, I honestly could not hear the screaming blinks nor see the surprised faces of Jennie, Rosé and our managers. All I could hear was my heart pounding so hard I thought it jumped out of my chest. Lisa was shocked and speechless, but
she was smiling. And her smile was what gave me relief, somehow.

So, was that fanservice?

It was and it was not, at least for me I could say that.

Before the show started, I knew that Lisa would ask the crowd. I asked her what's "me too" in Thai language and she taught me. I was supposed to answer "Dalgomie", the ultimate love of my life. But something inside me urged to test waters between me and Lisa.

Yes, even before our world tour, the intimacy between me and Lisa has been quite visible, at least to some of our friends, to Jennie and Rosé and to our managers.

Behind the cameras, unknown to the world, I could say Lisa and I have unspoken "bond". She hugs me more than friends should hug and kisses me more than necessary. We care for each other more than how we care with our other members. We just did. No whys, no hows and no whats.

So, that "You" in Thailand started to confirm something between us, in the eyes of Blinks. But honestly, after the event, Lisa and I, and our members never talked about it. We just let it be and continued with what we have, whatever we had.

But that "You" made Lisa bolder. For the rest of our tour she would openly flirt with me, kiss me in my cheeks during the Really part, kiss and hug me backstage, hold my hand and we actually cuddle in our dorm, sleep in her room or my room. She made me feel that there was really something between us. But none of us spoke about it.

From then on, the LiSoo ship sailed, sinking unto the depths of the ocean all other ships.

I was, at that time, in my most happiest state.

My thought of the past was cut off with the knock on the wooden door of my apartment and with the barking of my most handsome Bandalgom.

It was Sunday. An off from office work and I decided to just stay in my apartment. I ordered chicken and pizza for lunch.

After I'm done eating, I made the call to that girl. It's now or never. I breathe in and breathe out before I dialled the most controversial number in my phone.

--------------------------------

Thailand, Sunday, 9:30 in the morning

Lisa was having her morning jog in her treadmill inside her mini gym, when she heard her phone ring. She stopped the machine and got her phone without looking at the caller.

"Hello, Lisa?", asked the caller, who seems to be unsure whether she's talking to the right person or not.

Lisa froze.