Seven: Mirror People

Kiki immediately got on all fours and lay flat on the floor, rolling under a cabinet, as the door opened. Holding the document, in form of a white book, she took a deep breath of relief, then calmed herself down. She saw two pairs of legs walk in. One had heels on and the other had flat shoes with the letters M.P., equivalent to Mirror People, embroidered on it.

Mirror People was the name the organization of assassins went by because the members, all female, lived a double life, as divas and as killers. Whenever they were on a mission, they had on the customized M.P. flat shoes for ease of execution, afterwards, they were always on heels.

Kiki heard rummaging through a cabinet, which then came to an abrupt end.

"Here's a copy of the brief. The target's name is Emeka Monye, but he is also known as Mekus Money."

"Mekus Money the singer?" the other voice, belonging to flat shoes, asked.

"Do you have a problem with that?" high heels also asked, sounding fierce. Even if flat shoes had an objection, she wouldn't have dared to speak.

"No, I don't," flat shoes replied. "Why would I? At least I get to meet him in person before I shoot him in the head."

"Good," high heels stated. "All the information you need on him is in the file. The Cuttist should have checked in by now, and the boss is getting worried that something has gone wrong. Find the target and eliminate him within the hour."

"I will." There was a pause. "What about The Cuttist?"

"Let's focus on the target for now. Time is of the essence. Once that is handled, we'll find out what went wrong with The Cuttist, and act accordingly."

"Act accordingly," Kiki repeated, under her breath. She knew what that meant. The Mirror People showed no mercy. Once an assassin failed for whatever reason, she had to be eliminated.

Kiki waited for the ladies to leave, then called Mekus Money. The phone was answered after one ring.

"It's Kiki," she said.

"How did you get my...? Of course, you already have it."

"You need to leave your apartment right now. Go to someone you can trust. I'll call you within the hour. Don't drive."

Kiki hung up before Mekus Money could respond or ask any question, then she snuck out with the white book.