The poison of love

Arthur and the Knights were awaken by a horrified scream. The prince automatically checked for Merlin however, finding noting by his side. He stood up and looked around. Only the poor light of the weak fire illuminated their surroundings. Darkness seemed to spill from every corner.

"Merlin!" Arthur howled. "Merlin where are you?" Behind him the Knights prepared torches from sticks and twigs.

Gwaine handed one to the prince. "Sire, I shall take the ground to the north, Persival with take the east and you take the west. By spreading out it will take less time." The knight's face was in a serious tone. He did not wish to fight, especially in this situation. The prince thought the same and he followed the short constructed plan. The three men began their search, all worried for the life of the fragile servant.

After 30 solid minuets of calling for the warlock, Percival called out three words that relieved the other two men. 

"He is here!" The knight held the limp body of the warlock. His face having a deathly pale glow and his skin cold to the touch. As the prince arrived, the small sign of relief was washed away with yet another wave of deep worry.

Arthur dropped down to Merlin, running his fingers through his hair and cupping his face. "We must take him to the camp. Quick!" He got up, hailing Percival to his feet as well. The knight picked up the servant and carried him towards the weak glow of the fire.

Gwaine's face turned white upon seeing the corpse looking warlock. He rushed forward to check for a pulse. "Dear heavens." He whispered and bowed his head. "We were too late." He let out an uneasy breath and dropped to his knees.

"Don't say such foul words!" Arthur hissed. "There must be a way to keep him alive." He sparked the fire, growing the light brighter and warmer.

Percival set the Merlin down carefully resting his body against the men's blankets. He covered his body to keep whatever warmth still on him. "Sire, excuse my language but...there is only little we can do to save him." The knight looked up to the prince.

"Then we will do everything in our power to keep him alive." Arthur dropped his torch into the flames, feeding them more. "Gaius did prepare potions for us if we ever did encounter danger. There must be something among them strong enough to help Merlin." He looked down at the servant then made his way towards the horses.

Gwaine bent down and ran a hand threw the warlock's hair. "Have you seen him?"

Percival narrowed his eyes. "Seen what?"

"The way he looks at him."

The knight walked to his friend and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You must not interfere. Let the prince do as he wishes."

The other sighed and wiped some dirt off of the warlock's face. "What if I cannot do that?"

Meanwhile, Arthur was going  through their bags. He found a bottle with a dark blue liquid and a bright yellow one. He took them and turned to make his way towards the camp. Suddenly, he heard a hustle from the bushes. He drew his sword in an instant and turned to the sound. He was about to slash the person's throat but he froze. Cold steal against the man's throat. However, this was not any man, it was the man he had fallen in love with.

"Merlin..." The prince whispered as his eyes widened. His strong grip loosened around his sword. 

The other stood still. Blood and dirt covering his face. His body trembling like a maiden in strong wind. His chin bounced up and down. "Ar-Arthur." He murmured.

A/N***So...I must say that this chapter wasn't planed out well. I would love to hear your opinion on how I may improve this. Many thanks for taking the time to read this.***