Pain or Pleasure?

((Holy hell guys!!! You are amazing! Thank you for the feedback and again, my damn excuses again but, I haven't uploaded because I was moving house and we had a holiday and my parents wanted to give them some attention...and bake them pies -.- sons of fishes...anyyywayyy, here is the new chapter and again I apologise for my inconsistent uploading ^-^))

A strong smell of rotten eggs surrounded him. Sulfur?  Two cold lips pressed on Merlin's lips. His chest felt so tight. His throat was closing. He felt poisoned. The cold hand upon his cheek dragged its nails down and tore into his skin. He wanted to scream. He could hear the tissue rip as the hand trailed down. Tears started to flood his eyes. The pain was unbearable. The warlock tried to focus on a rebelling spell but his mind fell blank.

Help.

Help!

Arthur!

"Merlin!" A familiar voice echoed around him. Two strong hands gripped his shoulders and shook him awake.

He snapped open his eyes. The prince was searching for him in his eyes. The blue pearls looked worried and desperate. Arthur wrapped his arms around the warlock's small body and pulled into a tight hug. His hand ran in his hair. Merlin felt his hurried heart beat against the other's strong chest. Slowly, he raised a hand and placed it on his back. His fingers curled into the fabric and leaned into Arthur's strong and warm embrace.

"It's alright now...I've got you." His low, raspy voice whispered in Merlin's ear. His hand ran down Merlin's hair then rested on the back of his neck.

Merlin's heart seemed to calm down. He was able to breathe calmly again. Arthur pulled away but still held the warlock in his arms. He once again looked into his eyes to check for his sanity.

"Come, you shall stay close to us...to me." The prince looked around searching for who ever must have frightened his trembling servant. No one, not a bird could be seen. His eyes trailed back to his face. A blush was spread on his cheeks. A small smile tugged on Arthur's lips. "Let us rest, tomorrow we shall move." His hands gave Merlin's shoulders a last squeeze and dropped them. He turned around to head back to the camp. As he walked, Merlin tugged after him keeping close. When they got closer to the camp they started to feel the warm vibes of the fire and hear the soft laughter of the knights.

Persival stood up when he saw the prince then Gwein stood when he saw the warlock and his puffy eyes.

"Merlin!" The knight called and rushed forward to hold the warlock by his shoulders. "What...what did you do to him!?" He raised his voice, pulling Merlin away from the prince's side.

"Don't be absurd. I did nothing." Arthur answered sternly.

"Then why is his eyes red and his body trembling?!"

Merlin tugged onto Gwaine's shirt. "Please, stop. Don't forget he is the prince."

Both, the knight and the prince, looked at Merlin. "But you have been crying, he has hurt you."

"No. He has not." The warlock said calmly. "Now please stop, there is no need to be so explosive."

Gwaine sucked in the cold air then out a sigh. He lowered his head. "My apologize, sire." He hissed.

"No problem." The prince hissed back and withdrew, to the fire.

Merlin looked up. "Thank you." He smiled gently then pulled back. He walked to the fire with the knight close behind him.

The warlock sat down near the prince. Persival sat as the others did. He handed out  bread and a pieces of chicken. They sat in silence and admired the dancing fire before them. It gave off a warm aura which was enough to make them sleepy.

The wolves howled in one tune with the wind. Merlin shivered and shifted closer to Arthur. The prince smiled. He unfolded his blanket and wrapped it around the shivering body. His arm gliding down his back in a comforting way.

Across them, Gwaine was glaring at the prince. He didn't want him touching Merlin in any way. He growled at the smug smile that had spread across the prince's face. Next to him, Persival nudged him in the side, which made Gwaine hiss at the slight pain and annoyance.

"Calm down, it looks like you are ready to pounce on the prince." Persival whispered. "Remember your place, Gwaine." The knight beside him huffed and stood up.

Arthur looked up. "Is everything alright?"

Gwaine did not answer and just left. He needed some time to calm down, so he thought about a midnight walk.

Merlin frowned and curled closer to the prince. He felt secure and happy like this, in a royal's embrace. When Gwaine would embrace him he would feel the same, however with the prince he felt it stronger. Happiness and calmness, he would also describe it as love too. He drew out a long breath and his eyelids slipped shut. Sleep creeped up on him and knocked him out in an instant. His body relaxed to its full potential in the other's embrace.

Once he felt Merlin was asleep, Arthur relaxed as well. The radiating heat from the fire and the soft body against his, made him in want of his large bed where the two would have their privacy and many other desires forefilled.

Percival was long knocked out, his body limb and snoring his dreams away. (He didn't wait for anyone to catch up.)

A few moments past, and the prince was in half sleep, half awake mode.

The wind brewed over the leaves of the trees and the bushes. Animals and birds were long asleep. However, a rustle from the bushes drew attention. It was dark, details couldn't be picked up. It had a long thin neck, a head of what looked like a lizard and a tarantula body. It was quite large in size, a strange smell emitted from it and it seemed to nake the air around it colder.

Slowly, the creature crawled to the men. It stood a foot away from Arthur and Merlin. Its tongue slipped out and it made a hissing noise. Suddenly, his head began to morph to a human shape. The transformation spread down his neck and body. Once it finnished, Merlin's figure stood there with an unusual tongue hissing in the air. Steadily it retrieved its tongue back in its mouth. It opened his eyes to reveal glowing green eyes. A smirk spread across its face.

"This will be fun."

((oh you know how I like cliffhangers >:3 Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I wrote the last bit in a hurry. However, I hope you enjoyed ^-^ please leave any critics if necessary because I want to make all of you happy (somehow) hope to see you again soon!))