Chapter 1

I wake up from my wonderful dream of being in civilization, to be with more than just three best friends, but its better than being alone. I, Zoey Brett, am a survivor of a horrible plane malfunction. My friends and I are stuck on a lost island that is beautiful, but deadly.

"Hey Zoey. How are you doing?" Chase, my very good friend, walks over to me and sits down on the white sand next to the palm leaf that I lay on.

"Well, I'm a little bumped around but, I'm happy I can breath again."

He smiles," Ya, that's good."

I cross my legs and sit up. Fiddling with the palm leaf's end that lays under me. I look over at him with a nice face, "Thank you. For saving me back there, last night."

He smirked his famous smirk, "Anything for you."

I bite my lower lip and smile then, lean in for a hug. he smells like salt and fish but, I don't mind. I would be dead without him. He is so brave and sweet, he's just the best.

After the storm our shelter was destroyed. All the food we collected and stored, gone. Our hard work, killed by Mother Nature.

I look up at the sky and see a few parting clouds, covering half of the sun. "What do we do now?" I ask quietly.

I look back at Chase, hearing him shift his body to face me.

"Well, we can start making a shelter again." He looks over at Drake and Ashley who are sitting by the small fire talking.

"Ya, okay I'll get more 'protein'." I put air quotes up when I say protein.

"Okay, so now I know fruit is not protein." He laughs. I raise my eyebrows and nod. "So if they aren't protein, what are they?"

I look at him and answer, "Sugar."

He looks at the sand he has in his hand then asks," Then what's protein?"

I laugh, " Didn't you ever learn the Food Triangle in High School?"

He's about to answer but stops at the thought, "I think I was absent that day."

I crake up from the joke and don't stop until he asks me again, "What's protein?"

Still chuckling I finally answer, "Well, mostly meat."

"Oh." He smirks.

"Ash and I will go get some fruit maybe some nuts again." I add. He nods, gets up and walks over to Drake. Drake stands up and they start to walk the opposite direction of me.