Chapter 6

Chase and I run over to the camp site, unaware of why Ash screamed.

I assumed it was her, since the scream was very unique and high pitched, but you never know, Drake could scream like a little girl, my cousin does.

I run over rocks and sand, I stop right as I have Drake and Ashley in my sight. My mouth drops open as I see darker colored men, in grassy skirts, hold Ash and Drake at knife point.

Chase comes up behind me, " Holy, guacamole!"

There is 5 of them, two have Ashley and Drake captive. One of the tribal men, with many piercings and decorations, is in the front says a words to the other men, motioning to us. Two  of them come our way. Chase pushes me behind him a bit, without taking his eyes off the men. I step back a few feet, the pierced man spots me and yells, one of the two men sprit with a spear point right at me, I run the opposite direction of the group.

I hear yelling and punching behind me, I turn around, while still running, and see Chase tackle the tribal man. The second one charges Chase while throwing a stone knife,

"Chase! Behind you!" I scream, he moves out of the way just in time and the knife lands in the arm of the man on the ground, he scream. I stand there in shock, unable to move. Ashley sits helplessly with a knife at her throat. Drake just knocks the back of his head to the face of the man holding him and the tribal man drops to his knees,

"I honestly didn't believe that would have worked!" He says.

Drake then grabs the knife that once was held to his neck and throughs it right at the foot of Ashley's capturer. The man screams but doesn't let go of Ash while picking out the knife. I finally run of and help them. As Chase fights off the tribal man who through the knife, the lead one with all the special piercings and tattoos, sits and watches from aside. I help drake with Ash by stepping on the wound of the man, he screams in pain.

"Sorry dude!" I smile at him as punch him in the face, he stumbles back, but keeps a grip on Ashley.

"What's with you man?" Drake yells at him.

Drake starts to go over to Ashley again when the man on the ground with a wounded arm jumps onto his back! Drake runs around trying to get him to budge off, but holds on tightly. I try to get him off but Drake moves too much. I pull at the man but, he kicks me down while holding onto Drake's neck. I fall to my butt. As I do, Ashley grads my hand and helps me up.

" You got out of his grip!" I hug her quickly.

"Turns out these guys don't have that much protection down under!" She laughs and then runs over to help Drake. I look over at Chase and see him stumbling down as a tribal man punches him in the stomach.

"Oh god." I run over to the man, " no protection huh?" I grab his shoulders as he kicks me in the side, the wind is knocked out of me, unable to breath, I knees him in the privates. He falls back telling words I don't understand.  I help Chase up while I take deep breaths so get air in my lugs.

I look at the man I hit rolling on the ground, Ashley's guard laying knocked out with a knife in his knee, the one on Drakes back is now dead on the ground with a knife in his chest and the last one is no where to be seen. I see the group leadelook right age me and smile
a big, tooth missing, ugly smile. Im confused, why is he so happy that we beat the crap out of his men?

The tattooed man yells out some tribal words and ten other men jump out of the jungle onto the beach in front of us.

"I don't think this is a fight were going to win."
Chase looks at me and I look at Drake and Ash. All of us know that he's right.