⥈ chapter twenty: MALUM HAS RISEN ⥈

« chapter xx: MALUM HAS RISEN »

"You talk about me a lot?" Tim looked up from his computer startled

"You talk about me a lot?" Tim looked up from his computer startled. Dabria was standing in the doorway to his room, half covered in shadows. 

"I thought you'd be asleep." Tim said, not answering her question. 

"I don't sleep much anymore and you didn't answer my question." Dabria said, walking into the room and de-camouflaging herself. 

"Well, I don't really know what you mean." Tim said, trying not to blush.

"Jason stopped by while you guys were on patrol." Dabria said, climbing up onto his bed to sit next to Tim against the headboard. Tim licked his lips as he slowly closed his laptop. "He called you my boyfriend and I said you weren't my boyfriend and..." Tim blushed. "I don't know. It just gave me the impression that you talk about me enough to make Jason think we're boyfriend and girlfriend."  Dabria isn't usually the confrontational type and maybe that's why she wasn't looking him in the eye but also he just made her so goddamn nervous. Boys never made her nervous before now but then again, she had never really liked a guy before.

"Well... I don't know if I talk about you a lot." Tim said slowly. "I mean yeah I talk to him about you and our training and how... Your powers keep flaring up." Dabria frowned a little. "Sorry. I'll... Stop." Tim said, looking away.

"It's not that. It's just weird. I haven't had that many people care about me enough to talk about me to other people." Dabria said, trying to explain away the butterflies in her stomach as she shifted to sit crosslegged next to him.

"Well, we all care about you here and so does Adelaide and I'm sure your parents did too." Tim said, reaching out and brushing some hair out of her eyes. Dabria noticed that that was something Tim did a lot. She wasn't sure why.

"No I know I just..." Dabria shrugged. "It's just weird." She laughed a little. "It's also weird that he called you my boyfriend. It's not like we've even gone out on a date or anything." Dabria was right. The two of them hung out a lot to train or to eat together and of course they always went out on patrol together but they hadn't actually done anything that involved leaving the house or dressing up nice or anything. The most couple type thing they had done was kiss when no one was looking and Dabria sometimes would lie down in Tim's lap as he read a book and she played a game on her phone. Sometimes Tim would run one hand through her hair and it was always really soothing to Dabria.