⥈ chapter two: AN OBSESSION ⥈

« chapter ii: AN OBSESSION »

One Month Later

"Father told you to give up that case." Damian said as he watches Tim type away at his computer. He's going through all the security footage from that first night. Running through all the notes he had written on her. He had an algorithm running searching for a match to the blurry image of her face, a map of all the stores she had hit, a list of all the stores she might hit next and yet, he didn't know a thing about this girl beyond the fact that she was impossible to catch.

After Tim and Damian's run-in with the girl, she had stopped robbing that store on fifth and Polk avenue. Instead, she started to hit other convenience stores in a fifteen mile radius. She was no longer sticking to a schedule of once per month on Saturdays either. Tim guessed that their encounter had spooked her. She was probably worried they would catch her.

Bruce had told Tim to give up the case, that he would handle it but Tim didn't want to listen to him. He wanted to know how her powers worked. He wanted to know who she was. He had even compiled a list of missing persons in and around Gotham that she could be but none of the pictures seemed to match the partial image Tim had of her. 

When the girl had stepped a little too close to the streetlamp, Tim had caught a glimpse of her face before it disappeared. Tim still hadn't decided if her face had faded from view because she stepped back into the shadows or because of... Something else.

"Yeah well do you listen to dad when he tells you not to do something?" Damian doesn't reply just strokes the fur of his dogs head lightly. "And I thought you hate being in here." Damien's nose wrinkles. He does hate coming into Tim's room. It's always too dark. It always smells like coffee and gym socks and Tim always has one of his three laptops on, running some sort of dumb program.

"I do but Grayson isn't home to bother and neither is father so I'm stuck with you." Tim rolled his eyes and continued to work away at his list, eliminating all the stores he thought would be too small for the girl to want to go to. She seemed to be picking stores that had at least some kind of fresh food in them, like apples and bananas. At that 7-11 she hit last week, the only thing she had taken was a gallon of milk and some oranges. Pretty weird things to steal, though not if you're hungry.