6

i yawned  sleepily as I woke up in my uncomfortable cot. For once mark didn't wake you up. " I  got up and put a warm hoodie on and went to find mark. Sure enough he was in the kitchen with his hood up, looking very adorable, he was taking a bite of some mushy looking oatmeal." Good morning mark" you said. He jumped a little and took the spoon out of his mouth putting it back in the bowl.

" oh y/n, here i made you breakfast" he wiped his mouth as he handed the bowl over that he already ate out of." Oh uh thank you, why didn't you wake me up today? I slept late" you took a bite of the oatmeal despite the fact that he ate with it." I thought I'd let you sleep in, makes up for the time  i kept you awake" he shrugged." That was very sweet of you, Watney" you patted his back.

"so today I thought we should get the rover ready for pathfinder" he said. You finished the oatmeal and the two of you loaded the rover up with supplies. It took a couple hours and a couple arguments but it looks like you were done and could finally get out of the stupid  Eva suit. It was almost four in the afternoon so mark suggested we play cards. I thought him how to play a game called spit. It got pretty competitive but we had a lot of fun, which was nice considering this situation.

" spit!" I slapped his hand." Ow y/n! My hand was there first." He rubbed his hand." Oh come on mark, you slipped it under mine, cheater!" You stuck your tongue out and went to the kitchen. " I'm starving, you ready for dinner mark? " you asked." Hey I'll make you dinner tonight, I'm sure you really want a nice Martian grown potato" he pulled to out for the microwave." Come on Watney you've cooked way more than I have, I mean I hate cooking but it's still not fair" I said." Ah ah ah miss, sit right back down" you sat back down and waited.

You watched as mark dropped a potato and bent down to pick it up and dropped the other. He then waited for them to cook staring  into the microwave. When they were done he struggled to pick them up because of how hot they were." Fuck" he muttered and stroked his hand. He you hear him getting the ketchup out and then he finally put the plate in front of you. The ketchup was in the shape of a messy heart." Thank you mark, this is really nice" you began to eat the stupid potatoes.

" oh, y/n? Remember when we were doing an EVA today at the rover and when you got mad at it and started kicking it?" You nodded." Well while you were busy I got you something" he reached into his pocket and pulled out a Martian stone shaped in a perfect circle." It's shaped like home" he said. All you could do was stare down at the stone in your hands and gush with joy. That was so so so sweet and funny. And the fact that he thought of you when he gave it to you." M-mark, that is just so cute and nice of you" you gushed at him.

He grinned at you. " it's getting late, want to watch some of Lewis's shit?" I said." Yeah, you can pick which show we watch tonight" he said. You stopped in your tracks out of shock. "What?! You are always so stubborn about what we watch? Who are you?" He just signaled for you to go get the lap top.

You picked the show and sat patiently on his bunk. He finally appeàred with a food package in his hands." Watcha got there?" You said curiously. " I know Lewis told us not to bring the food from the Hermes down here, but I just couldn't let Martinez have the last ice cream sandwich. If that's what you can call it. I want you to have it" he held it out and you grabbed it from his hands. You ripped it in half so he could eat part of it." Mark? What are you up to? Why are you being so sweet today? " you asked." I'm always sweet and I also checked the calendar and it's your birthday today." He said quickly .

" Jesus I didn't even realize. " you rubbed the bridge of your nose." Thank you so much mark. Your just the best, you know that? Today was so nice " he smiled as you gave him a little hug. Your hair smelled like flowers and it made him happy. " hey, you can get under the blankets if you want" you got under and then tucked him in. After the episode of the show was done Watney was asleep so you snuck away from the sweet boys arms and went to your bed. And fell asleep.