2

You walked to the desktop computer and started the log camera, mark sitting beside you. " so, uh hi, I'm stuck here with this idiot so please send rescue " you said. " hey! Miss l/n here is just bullying me, but we're both alive so, surprise! " mark said sleepily. You guys had barely done anything the rest of the evening. Including eating. Nothing had settled in yet and the two of you didn't know what to do.

"Y/n? " mark called to you. You looked up at him." You should drink some water, we should go to sleep soon and count the rations tomorrow" he rubbed his eyes. " I'm not thirsty Watney" you said grumpily." I know, but you haven't eaten or drank anything. Bossy beck isn't here so I'll have to take over" he took some water and placed it next to you." Goodnight" you patted his shoulder. Not soon after you lay down on your bunk too. You looked out the window and realized how the window near your head was kinda creepy.

What if there was creepy aliens or something spooky out there? You turned your back to it and tried to sleep. It was a long day.

You woke to the sound of groaning. It took you a second to wake up. " mark?" You called out absentmindedly. You got up and walked to his bunk. He was there awake clutching his stomach again. " mark what's wrong?" You kneels down to his level." It hurts so baddd" he whined out." Fine, I'll go get some pain killers" you groaned and walked back to the medical area. You went back to mark and he swallowed them without water. " I'm going to sleep" you yawned.

He didn't even say thank you. You thought angrily as you drifted off. Not an hour later mark called you back because he needed water because " his throat felt funny " about three hours later your eyes burst open again. " y/n! " you got up walked over to mark. " what?!" You crossed your arms." It still hurts" he whined." Mark I don't know what you want me to do. I am tired and I want to go to bed" you leaned down and started to rub his stomach, avoiding the staples. the big baby seemed to calm down so you went back to sleep at last.

You woke up feeling groggy the next morning. You went to the kitchen because you were so hungry, your stomach empty because you didn't eat yesterday. You went to the kitchen and grumbled when you saw mark." Sleep well?" He said a little too cheerfully.  You couldn't hold in your anger." No mark, i didn't because you were being a big baby and woke me up to take care of you" You he stood up beside you." I-I'm sorry. Oh! Here look, i made you some breakfast, I chose your favorite one" he said proudly . You took the warm meal from him.

It was kinda sweet." Thank you" You sat at the end of the table silently." I'm sorry I woke you up, I shouldn't have done that" he said sheepishly." It's ok mark, I know your hurting, I'm just tired and grumpy an-and scared" you whispered the last part." I know. Let's count the food supply we got and figure things out, ok? " he smiled weakly." Ok"

Later that day...

"Ok, 54 sweet and sour chicken " mark wrote it down as you counted." Listen mark, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I'm still kinda tired but I shouldn't have yelled at you" you sighed." Hey it's ok y/n. I should of let you sleep. I probably could of gotten all that stuff on my own."
You patted his shoulder and went to brush your teeth. You came back to see mark sitting in the wheelie chair with his hood up, he looked kinda cute. The wind picked up outside and you noticed he jumped a bit when a big gust went.

" oh, y/n how about we watch a movie from Lewis's file?" The two of you walked over to marks bunk." After you" he pointed to the bed. You were getting into the tiny bunk when mark lay down two, squishing you against the wall, it wasn't a very big space. He put the jump drive in and a stupid 70s tv show came on. Mark giggled a bit at the intro. You looked at him and grinned." What? " he said." Nothing" you smirked and sat up against the headboard.
After an hour you felt really sleepy." You know mark, I'm so happy your here" you whispered." I'm glad your here, you know I really like hanging out with you" he answered.

" I'm going to go to bed Watney, I'm sleepy" you crawled over him and stood up, stretching your arms." At least let me walk you to your bunk." He offered." What a gentleman, our mark" you teased. He walked you a couple meters to your bed and made sure you were comfy.