27. Back at the Vineyard

A/N: True late 90s and early 00s would understand the chapter name ;)
Also if you commented or DM me I'll give a late reply. So sorry about that but I'm currently traveling and the service sucks. Also I'm using my sister's phone since mine needs to be fixed. Such is the way of life lol.

One Direction- I Wanna Write You a Song (This song makes me cry, anyone else?)

Jackson Wang- Dawn of Us

Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello- Señorita

Ellie Goulding- Love Me Like You Do

Zayn ft Sia- Dusk 'till Dawn

Damien's pic ^

Damien's POV

When we exit the plane an hour later, there's a crowd gathered at the tarmac. The president and his wife goes over to greet them. I stand in place, pulling my cap downwards to hide my face.

Men dressed in black tactical gear each wearing a helmet and holding a black bag are standing post near the helicopter, and according to Hope are a Secret Service counter-assault team. "Come on." Hope says, holding my hand and leading me away from them and towards a motorcade. Secret Service surround us as they lead us to one of the many black cars lined up.

We climb into one of them and wait for her parents. "How did they even know you guys were coming?" I ask, referring to the crowds who are yelling the president and the First Lady's name.

"Reporters. The president has a schedule online."

"What? Why?"

She looks amused. "Don't you want to know what the president does with his time?"

"Sure, but... I don't know. It's just weird."

She smiles up at me. "You'll get used to it." She kisses me but I have a hard time concentrating. I am awkwardly aware of agents in the limited space of the car. Seriously, how does one get used to this kind of thing?

We finally leave with a line of cars at the front and back of us. This is a lot of security for someone just going on vacation.

We stop at a rental home in Oak Bluffs. The house looks like a mini mansion, the space inside overwhelming. But of course, it was tiny compared to the White House.

I carry me and Hope's suitcase. Apparently, that isn't part of the agents' job description. We have established that Hope and I could share a room as long as we won't do anything their parents wouldn't do. Which was a moot argument, because what I want to do is what her parents would definitely be doing as well.

I set the suitcase down in a room bigger than my dining and bedroom combined. Apparently, Hope and I aren't on the same mindset. She quickly starts arranging our stuff into drawers and hanging things in the walk-in closet. I reluctantly help her empty out the suitcase. If it were up to me, I would live the week out by pulling whatever was on the top in the suitcase. But obviously Hope had other plans.

When we're done, she pulls me downstairs and we spend the day watching movies with her parents. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, her dad is a funny guy. I wonder how he can maintain a sense of humor with a job like his, but I guess everybody's different.

Around 11, we head to bed upon Mrs. Madison's orders since we have plans the next day. I scowl when Hope refuses to shower with me and quickly get ready for bed. I change into a tee and shorts and Hope happens to do the same. I try not to think about the fact that she isn't wearing a bra.

"You're just tryna be me, aren't you?" I accuse. She only smiles at me and crawl under the blanket. I'm awfully aware of the heat coming off her body as I crawl in with her. It takes every willpower I can muster not to touch her when she wraps her arms around me and snuggles close.