1. "On the Safe Side"

If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad, you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack (you may have heard about the Truyen malware hack). If you wish to read this story in its original, safe form, please go to  https://www.wattpad.com/story/6091915
Thank you.

A/N: IT'S FINALLY HERE!! Tell all of your friends! I'm so excited to finally share you this story. I started this years ago and abandoned it. But since I currently have no life, I found the time for it and I'm so proud of what I created. I'll sometimes write songs that reminds me of the specific chapter.

*Please keep in mind that my writing improves throughout the book. I'll edit this when I get the time to, though that may take a while.

Disclaimer: All names are fictional.

Don't forget to comment nonsense. ♥️

If you see anything that is bold and italicized within a dialogue, it's supposed to just be in italics. That's another lovely update from Glitchpad. Please ignore it.

Hope's POV

It all started with an invitation...

I lean my head against the window, the grey skies seemingly unmoving as the limousine head towards home. The view is provided behind tinted windows and for the umpteempth time, I wish I can be allowed to open them.

Oddly, one of the things I miss since being the daughter of the President of the United States is feeling the wind blowing in my face from a fast moving car. Those who get the luxury of experiencing it all the time should never take that for granted. If I were to crack the window even a centimeter, Secret Service Agents would react as if we were under attack.

When we approach Pennsylvania Ave, reporters are waiting on the street with cameras and mics. I've never really been fond of them. They're always in people's business, shoving their repetitive and judgmental comments down anyone's throat. As usual, oncoming roving reporters come hovering over the car, making it impossible for the car to pass until Secret Service Agents have to direct them away.

When we reach the gates, security officers greet us before going through their daily protocol. When finally approved, the Cadillac makes its way to the South Lawn entrance, and my vision is surrounded by everything green. The door opens and I quickly get out, trading in air conditioning to fresh green air.

Sean and Reynolds, my SSAs, flank my sides before we make our way to the door. My dad is waiting there, a rare moment due to his busy schedule, with a hug and I press my face against his muscular frame.

"Hey, Dad."

"How was school?" His deep voice vibrates against my face. I pull from the embrace. As usual, he's dressed formally, wearing a blue suit and white tie that matches with his dress shirt.

"Same, same. How come you're down here?"

"I have exactly 7 minutes of free time before I head into the Press Room."

"6." An agent corrects him.

He grins at me. "Right."

"Good luck with that. Have you seen Mom?"

"China Room, I think." I stay with him for a few minutes to give him an update on my day, something he's always been interested in. After he leaves for his press conference, I cross the foyer and straight into the China Room. She isn't there and I stop a staff in uniform carrying drinks.

"Hi, have you seen my mom?"

"She's in the Chocolate Shop, Miss Hope." He smiles at me before going on his way.