(9)

He got himself introduced to the teacher and led him to the cafeteria.

"So, you're sitting with me?"

"Yes. Though I'm sure Ariamina will pop up sooner or later."

"Well, you sound so happy."

"She's a pain in my ass. What is there to be happy about?" Jailyin replied.

I rolled my eyes and went to the line, "I'll pay for you, since I know the accounts won't be set until next week."

"What account?"

"The ones that you put money into to pay for lunch. It's not free, because they're dipshits, but it goes to the lunch ladies, so I'm cool with it. They're nice. Get what you want."

He nodded and I paid. Cace popped up beside me and frowned, "You never go through the line."

"Wasn't for me."

"You don't?" Jailyn asked.

"No. I don't eat lunch."

"Weird right?" Cace muttered, "It explains why you weigh-oww!"

I shook my head, "Sick of that shit." I growled and kept walking.

"Yeesh, what the fuck man?"

"Betcha won't say it again."

"I didn't get too!"

"Proactive and preventative measures. If you're not careful, you might not be able to have kids. Keep fucking with me, Cace."

I sat down and they followed. Five minute later Rochelle popped up, "Who's the hot guy?"

"Ask him yourself." I said, attention on my next book.

"But I asked you."

"You know he can hear you, right?" Cace muttered.

"You don't know his name either, shut up and leave me alone. This is my free time, stop ruining it with stupid shit."

"Finee." She huffed. "What's your name hot guy?"

"Jailyn."

"Ooh. Kinda cool."

He looked at her and returned to his food.

"So did you come with that new girl? I thought she had two bodyguards? Shouldn't you be with her?"

"He doesn't like her, her brother is guarding her, he's only here as a favor and refuses to guard her." I interrupted, "Any other questions are going to have to be asked when I'm not present, I'm sick of noise, shut up."

"You're just sick of everything." She sniffed.

I looked up from my book and glared at her, "Don't fuck with me today, Rochelle-Aaliyah. I will murder you."

She flinched back, "I get it."

"Good." I said, and continued reading.

That afternoon, I had Cace drop me at the library and I stayed in the back corner. It was virtually silent in here and I loved it. I read a couple books and then tried to figure out that stupid math shit until I was tempted to throw it in an incinerator and laugh like a maniac. I tossed it aside and walked to the nonfiction section, unwilling to even think about that homework. I had never been so willing to take an L in my life, but that's exactly what I was about to do.

I leaned against the bookshelf and stared at the one in front of me, then walked back and grabbed my stuff, before heading out and waving to the librarian.