(30)

"Haelyn, please get your brother off the ceiling." I sighed, "This is getting ridiculous."

"I'm not really sure what you think I can do about it. Hayden is a cat, he's gonna do it just because you said not to."

"Fine, I'll get Jace." I muttered, glancing at the idiot dangling from the ceiling fan as I walked out.

There was no reason that a 17 year old should be swinging in circles on the fucking fan and giggling like he was high. The only thing that he had access to that could get him high was catnip and I threw that out the second I met Jace because he'd throw catnip just to be spiteful. I knew for a fact that Jali would be no help in this situation. He'd be more likely to jump on with Hayden and break the fan, not get the tiger shifter down. Jace had some hope of getting him down, simply because Hayden was partially terrified of him, so that was my only hope of saving the ceiling fan.... And the kid dangling from it, I guess.

"Jace!"

"I'm busy."

"Too busy to get a kid of the ceiling?"

There was a pause and his head popped out the doorway to his room, "What?

"More specifically, he's on the ceiling fan." I shrugged.

"Okay, missing some information here." Jace sighed, "First, which kid? Second, is the fucking fan on?"

"Hayden and yes."

"Is it on high?" He looked mildly panicked.

"I mean... it was on medium when I left."

"And you have no sense of urgency about the kid on the ceiling fan?"

"I'd like my ceiling fan intact, yes." I replied.

"You should be more concerned about the kid!" He yelped and rushed to the living room.

"He'll be fine?" I muttered.

"That's not an acceptable answer! You would be a terrible parent!" Came the response.

I walked back into the living room to see Jace physically untangling Hayden from the fan, which he'd apparently turned off.

"There is absolutely no reason for you to ever be on the ceiling fan! This is not a chandelier, nor is it a Sia song or music video. There will be no swinging for chandeliers, ceiling fans, hanging lights, or anything of the sort. If anything is going to kill you, it will be me because you do this shit!" Jace was ranting. I snickered and he swung around to face me, "And you! When there are children or teenagers on ceiling fans, you don't walk off and leave it or leave the kid on it!"

"He refused to come down." I said, but he was just ignoring me at this point.

"We also do not express more concern for the fucking fan than the child attached to it. This was a murder scene waiting to happen! And where the fuck is my brother?"

"He's on the roof. Said he wanted to catch a star or something."

"I- He- Jailyn!" He gawked.

"What!"

"You don't let him! He'll jump off the roof!"

"Oh. "

Jace threw his hands up in exasperation and stalked outside. "Jail, if you don't climb your ass down, I will personally flay you alive! I have already had to wrangle a child on a ceiling fan, don't test me!"

A couple minutes later, he dragged Jali inside by the collar of his shirt and shoved him in a corner, doing the same to Hayden.

"Since the two of you are apparently impulsive five year olds, you will be in timeout like the toddlers you seem to be. There is no time limit. You will be here until I feel like you learned your lesson. Sit down and I'll make you lay on hot coals." He growled. "Do not move, do not breathe loudly, do not think loudly. If you so much as blink incorrectly, I will be making your lives hell. Jailyn, you are on thin fucking ice. One slip up and you'll be standing there right along with them. Haelyn, finish your homework please."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Short filler chapter that I randomly put together. Still don't know what I'm going to do with this, tbh, but I'm working on it. But even if I figure it out, my update schedule will be really sporadic because I start college soon and I personally could do without, but it is what it is. Enjoy