Second chance in love chapter 4

Vea's POV

As we went inside Cinco's I can't help but feel nostalgic; birthdays, celebrations and other things we just want to make a big fuss about was done here, every single memory was here, which was the main reason why I stopped going here. It was also here when he tried to make me tell who I liked.

"Just thought it was appropriate to spend our first lunch, in a while here." Said Marcus.

As we sat down, I got a good look at him. Looking at him now, he looked different, for someone who was married to his "love of his life" as he proclaimed years ago, he looked sad. You can see that somehow he has been suffering inside and it's slowly taking a toll on him, but you can only see it in his eyes. Other than the sadness reflected in his blue eyes, everything was the same as four years ago. He still has that somewhat unruly brown hair, sharp eyes, angled nose and jaw, thin lips and that 6'4 frame with a model's body. He still looked as gorgeous as the day I met him.

When the waiter gave us the menu, I couldn't help but look back and reflect on what has happened in the last four years. I for one am not the same happy go lucky girl from four years ago, I have responsibilities now. Mitch needs me, and now she's all I got left. I started wondering what has transpired in Marcus' life, he mentioned not having kids right now, maybe Vanessa stills didn't want kids. It was something she never really gave much thought of back then.

She never wanted to ruin that perfect body of hers, said it was a lot of work to maintain it just the way it was, what more when she deliberately needs to add more weight for a baby. But after a heated discussion with Marcus one night she said in a few years she will have a go with a pregnancy, and looking back that's when he started contemplating on proposing, I guess. Marcus wanted kids, maybe he was contemplating breaking up with her because of her views on becoming pregnant but that changed when she agreed.

"Let me guess, Bolognese for you V?" Asked Marcus

I smiled and nodded, it was sweet he remembered my favorite dish from Cinco's. He then ordered for himself and tried to open up a polite conversation.

"So how have you been?" Asked Marcus

"I've been good I guess. How about you?" I asked

"All things considered, I guess I'm doing good as well. When did you come back?"

"About three years ago, something came up that I had to be here."

"Oh, so why didn't you come back to the condo?"

"I guess you can say I have a new place to be in."

I can see in Marcus' eyes that he still wants to probe deeper into my answers but I have to guard myself around him. Things are not what it was before, he's married sooner or later he's going to have a family of his own, just the way he likes it.

The waiter then arrived to place our orders. While we were eating Marcus can't seem to stop looking at me every thirty seconds. It seems like he was constantly checking if I was really there, like I was just going to poof and be gone

It was nearing dessert time when Marcus talked again.

"I tried looking for you, you know. Why'd you have to cut me off like that?" Said Marcus

When he said that I could feel my heart melt, just like before when he does something nice. I closed my eyes and willed myself to not feel anything for him. When I opened my eyes, I saw the pain in his eyes, but two things caught my attention, one was regret. Regret of losing his best friend, I guess. The other I can't begin to comprehend it was love.

"I'm sorry Marcus, but I have to go. I'll see you in court." I said and didn't give him the chance to reply. I got my bag and and got out of the restaurant. I immediately got into a cab and gave him the directions of the day care of Mitch. I promised to bring her to her real mom and dad, and I was going to do that, but beside that fact I need my sister more than anything right now.

Second chance in loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें