Second chance in love chapter 8

Marcus POV

There are a few times that I would want to strangle my little sister. The first time it has ever happened was when she visited me during one of my high profile cases a few years ago. The case was about a guy raping this famous starlet; I just had enough evidence to put him behind bars and an impeccable speech to make sure he stays there for good.

When my sister accidentally spilled coke on a very important stack of documents I was preparing for the trial in two days. I wanted to strangle her, simply because all of my notes, research and other important stuff were in that stack...and it was all drench in what she calls a Diet Coke. 

I hated seeing that drink because it was something that made me think of Vea and the feelings I fought so hard to avoid putting a name to. It was during one of the times I was buying that drink that made me feel a mix of unknown feelings for my best friend.

-Flashback-

We were currently in the Soft drink section of Grocery Shop, the very unique name of the grocery near our condo, when we saw the stack of Diet Coke neatly arranged in a pyramid at the grocery’s pride of hall as we want to call it.

“I don’t know why women buy those crap, I mean I drank it once and trust me I prefer the original flavour. That one tastes really bland and I think that it’s a crime any girl would drink it.” she said while scrunching up her nose.

“Well even when I do agree with you, Van wants a few that I would stack up at home for when she visits.” I said while grabbing a few of those drinks that made my best friend scrunch her nose in disgust, which in reality gives me some flutter in the stomach when she does, but of course I would never admit feeling that for my best friend.

She just nodded her head and went ahead to garb one of the things she needed at her place.

I then tried to catch up with her when I had enough Diet Coke for Van, when I saw her hug a guy in a friendly way. Vea has always been the hugger type of friend, she never gave any sexual meaning when she hugs someone, and it was a simple way of greeting for her. But in my gut I didn’t want to bother the reunion, especially when I suddenly felt possessive that a guy would even hug my best friend. She was MY best friend, no one should be allowed to hug her but me.

But then I realized I was being crazy. She was ONLY my best friend nothing more and nothing less. I have Van and that should be enough, but how come I didn’t want to be introduced to the guy walking his way towards me together with my best friend.