Second chance in love chapter 7

Vea POV

"I can't believe you never said anything about the fact that your brother isn't married." I ranted to Angela.

We were currently dining at Cinco's, a few days ago I avoided this place like a plague but now, ever since I saw Marcus again I came to the conclusion that maybe I should just face my problems, instead of running away from it like usual...but then I only do this when Marcus is involved.

Angela and I were seated towards the section that had less people in, simply because I was afraid that Marcus might come in any minute. I know I was just being paranoid since Angela's also mentioned the fact that Marcus has evaded the place for years.

Currently I was finding it hard to believe that the man I have loved for the past few years never got married, that he was still single. I mean it doesn't mean much to me since I know he will never see me that way, but then it ignited something deep inside me. Something I never knew I would have again when it involves my once upon best friend, hope. Hope that he might see me that way.

As I looked at Angela, I can see the reasons why she didn't tell me her brother didn't marry Van. She wanted me to face the one thing I have buried a long time ago, before anything else. She and I have always been close, she knew in an instant that I was in love with her brother.

She was the one telling me that I should tell him, so that he'll break things with Van. To say she hated the bitch of all bitches was the understatement of the century.

- Flashback -

We were at the O'Connor mansion, where we were celebrating Uncle Tony's 58th birthday, and like their usual style it had to be a grand occasion. Angela and I were seated at the family table together with the newest IT couple of the society pages, Marcus and Van, as Marcus says his speech about Uncle.

Atty. Anthony O'Connor was one of the most influential and most respected lawyers in the country. He had his own firm O'Connor and Partners, a firm he wanted very much Marcus to take over in the future. I met him the first time they had a family gathering and invited me, at first he thought I was Marcus' girlfriend and was quite disappointed when Marcus said we were simply best friends. Nonetheless he wanted me to call him Uncle Tony in the hopes of it becoming something more in the future, which I'm guessing made him disappointed that his son now was with the socialite Vanessa.

"So happy birthday Dad!" Marcus said as he finished his speech about how great of a dad Uncle Tony is.

They have always been close as a family, supported everyone in each of their endeavors except for one thing in Marcus' life, Vanessa Evans. They didn't like the way the Evans' family was like, they were rumored to have corrupted their wealth. The O'Conners were very particular in how the public sees their way of life, they are hardworking people and wants to keep it at that. They didn't want to be associated with people they think has a shady background, and then Van's attitude wasn't a good foundation either.

"I really don't know what he sees in her. I mean yes she looks hot, like a model typical of her status but my brother can do so much more. I know someone who loves him unconditionally, is very pretty and above all loved by the family." Angela said.

"Really, I on the other cant think of anyone better than ms socialite over there. You have to agree Gela that they do really look good together."I said.

"Oh come on V, you're so much better for my brother. Beauty and brains, as compared to walking Barbie doll over there, just big boobs and secured for life." she ranted while I simply laughed a very in genuine laugh. "You can't possibly tell me that you're not heartbroken over this V, I know how you feel about my brother. Heck everyone knows how you feel about him, except for him, but all of us are rooting for you not Barbie doll over there." she said in whispered tone.

I sighed and looked at the IT couple again, Marcus had his arm wrapped around the shoulders of Van while whispering something to her, which in turn made her laugh, a sexy laugh at that. They were quite busy with themselves that they didn't see the glares Angela was giving them beside me.

"Gela I don't know, he seems happy and that's all I've ever wanted for him. If she can make him happy then maybe I should just move on from this, God knows how much it hurts to love someone who can't possibly love you back." I sighed and sipped some more red wine.

"If only you tell him your feelings I know he'll wake up from this spell she has on him. Hmm...well there's a thought maybe she casted an evil spell on him like in those Disney fairy tales. You know and then you come along and sing a song and he'd wake up from the spell, what's that specific film again. You know where the prince was in a spell and suddenly wanted to marry someone else? But when she sung he suddenly remembered?" Angela asked.

"You mean The Little Mermaid?" I asked.

"Yeah that's it, Eric the prince woke up from the evil witches spell when she sung right?" she said.

I laughed and answered.

"You do know that in the real story they didn't end up together and that the prince married someone else, leaving the mermaid into some form of a ghost because she didn't get her true love, right?" I said.

"Jeez ruin my childhood why don't you." she said and we left the conversation at that.

As I looked at Marcus and Van once again, they both have amused smiles while getting off the table.

I guess we all know what sort of spell she has on him, this story time around.

- End of Flashback -

"You know as well as I do why I didn't tell you V. I mean for crying out loud, you practically run off to some unknown place for a few months after he mentions his desire to propose to Barbie doll." Angela said while twirling her Bolognese pasta.

"Yeah and you'd think that was enough reason to tell me they never got engaged in the first place." I said as I took a drink of my Coke

"We'll yeah, that may be but I wanted you to face reality first. When I learned about Matt and you I really thought it didn't matter anymore and then the whole thing about Michelle and all I just thought that you'd have to heal from everything first before a news that grand should be said." Angela tried to reason.

In some ways I do get why she'd not tell me this specific news, she wanted me to face it first but then, it would have been better if the decision was mine to weigh.

"Whatever, just promise me that you won't keep a secret as big as this again." I said.

Angela and I pretty much stayed in touch after I left, besides Michelle she became another sort of family and Mitch loves her to death. I asked her to not tell Marcus that we were still in contact simply because I wanted to start fresh but then...I really need to move on and accept that there isn't a bitch in the way these days.

"So is it safe to say that I can hope again that you'll become my sister-in-law this time around?" she asked with that same cheeky smile she has whenever this topic comes up.

"I really want to pour this Coke all over you right now." I said even when I am smiling a mega watt smile.

"Yeah right, you love me to much." she said while shaking her head at me

Marcus POV

I heard a ding as I entered the day care center. It looked like any normal day care would look like, well how I'd imagine it anyways.

Upon entering your see a reception hall, filled with kiddie drawings and benches for the parents. Then you'd see another sort of entrance to the right where there are shelves dedicated for the bags and snacks of the kids, shelves for toys and books and of course small slides and some other things I can't identify but would normally suit the needs of kids.

"Yes, may I help you?" said Lily.

"Yes, my secretary told me that I had to fulfill volunteer services and that the owner could help me out." I said

She looked at me in a slightly weird way and then like a lightning remembered.

"Oh you're Maria's boss, yes she called a few minutes ago to tell me about you. Yes, well if you're going to be available, you can help out Tuesdays and Thursdays at about 3-6pm? That's usually when all these kids are gonna be fetched by their respective guardians and parents." she said and I think a bit relieved that someone was to help her out during those times.

If you'd personally ask me I'd think that the 'rush' hour for this type of business was when the kids were inside not when they're about to go home, but then what do I know right?

"Lily, Lily, Lily did mama tell you what time she would fetch me? She promised that tonight's breakfast night." Mitch said while her pigtails were bouncing like crazy as she continuously pulls the shirt of Lily.

"No, Ms Mitch she didn't specify a specific time today because she has that case to solve remember?" Lily said to Mitch "oh and by the way Ms Mitch this is..." she said while looking at me thoroughly embarrassed that she forgot to even ask my name.

"My name is Marcus and I'll be assisting here for a few hours on some days, what your name little girl?" I asked even when I know exactly who she was.

She smiled and giggled a little.

"I'm not a little girl anymore according to my mama, I'm three now. And my name is Mitch, what do you do?" she asked.

"I'm a lawyer, do you know what that is?" I encouraged the conversation, I mean she might as well be my daughter now that I have Vea back in my life.

"Yes, my mama is one too!!!" she said "Do you want to help me set up my tea party?" she asked.

I was about to say yes, but then Lily intervened.

"Oh sweetie, I think Mr Marcus can assist you another day because I need to talk to him for awhile. So run along and we'll try to join your tea party later on ok?" Lily asked and Mitch simply nodded her head and waved me goodbye.

"Nice little girl." I said

"Yes, she one of nicest and most behaved ones in here. Anyways I need you to sign some paperworks of you are to help out here." Lily said as she walked me to her small office behind the reception area.

It took us about an hour before we had a thorough understanding on what I can help out within the day care. I was just to guide the kids and teach them to color or small things like that. It was also a good practice for when I have kids someday.

I was about to say farewell when I saw Mitch running towards the entrance.

"Aunt Gela you're here!" she said while hugging a familiar blonde and Vea who was smiling at the two.

"Of course munchkin, I miss you and I promised you I was ping to visit as soon as I get settled from Boston right?" Angela or Aunt Gela to Mitch.

"So are you having dinner with us Aunt Gela? We're having breakfast dinner tonight." Mitch said while waiting patiently for my sister to answer her.

It looks like my sister has been keeping a pretty big secret from me from the looks of it. Mitch knew her pretty well and Vea was as much relaxed in her presence since the last time I saw them together.

"Of course munchkin,I wouldn't miss it for the world. You know how much I love your Aunt's cooking." she said

At this point I had enough I need some answers form my sister.

I coughed a little, just enough for them to look in my direction and saw two shocked faces.

"Marcus."

"Hey big brother" said Vea and Angela at the same time.

I guess this has been another set back on my plans...or is it? As I smiled at these two very important women in my life.

A/N hey well tell me what you think and thanks for reading

Until the next update:D