Second chance in love chapter 10

Vea POV

It had been a a couple of days since dinner with Marcus and Angela. Angela was still staying at home bonding with Mitch when she has the time.

Meanwhile I was currently reading the Thompson case when something caught my eye. Ellie Reynolds took a fake name; her real given name was Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez. I can't believe that this has escaped my notice all this time. I knew I missed something but dealing with the Rodriguez family for some time now I seem to have overlooked that their daughter is using another last name, I can't believe that when Marcus said her name I missed the consistency of her last name too.

These are the things that irritate me because they were too obvious that you barely see them. A very amateur mistake that I should have fixed by now, since I am by no means an amateur at this point in time. This could make or break this case simply because, this would mean that my clients have been keeping some useful information from me that could possibly make us lose this case.

I felt agitated because all of the information I have is that of Ellie Reynolds and not Ellie Rodriguez. I then started making some phone calls and learned that Elizabeth Rodriguez, also known as Ellie was never a happy child. There were rumours that she kept with the wrong crowd because her parents were pressuring her to be the perfect daughter suitable for a rich bidder. The Rodriguez family was by no means poor but they were the typical middle class looking for a way to be called part of the elite society. This can make a lot of sense because her parents were only too happy when she "hooked" Papadakis, a very rich and powerful guy. Too bad he is now overseas and I couldn't contact him for another few days.

Apparently when Ellie slowly took her own path, to remove any traces from her family and her previous rebel life she took the last name of Reynolds. She then worked for a bar, since that was the only job that would be available to a high school graduate with bad records and there she met her future husband Oliver Thompson. This would also make sense because every single friend of the couple mentioned before that they were happily married and that none of them expected Ellie to be unfaithful.

But one did mention that Ellie started changing a bit when her parents suddenly contacted her, meanwhile everyone thought she was an orphan. I'm not sure exactly how I can process all these information, I mean this is a huge game changer. My client has an alter ego that can be used against us and I wouldn't have anything to counter it.

I knew that my gut feeling was never wrong, maybe it is finally time for me to go to State Prison and see Oliver Thompson, to make the picture clearer.

My head started hurting because these were the times I hated when a case was suddenly dumped on me. I'm never given enough time to fully study the facts. Plus, having Marcus around all the time is screwing with my focus, something I never had a problem before.

I was about to enter my car when an arm suddenly stopped me. It would seem like Alex is in the city and was staying for a while.

"Vea we need to talk, I apologize for how I reacted the other day. I mean it was just a surprise to find O'Conner in your house, I thought you lost all contact with him." he said in an accusing manner.

I tried to remove my arm from his grasp so that I can proceed to do my job but he was having none of it.

Alex has always been a great guy, he used to be a great boyfriend and he was the faithful kind. He was just too selfish with me, he didn't want to share me with my own niece. I guess I can see where he was coming from, he never had to share anything in his whole life, he also got everything he ever wanted. So for him when I broke up with him when I chose Mitch, it was something new. I just don't know why he suddenly came back.