Dinner

Nuala was kind enough to tend to me, helping me to get into a beautiful, ivory gown. It left the shoulders open, which was daring but not unreasonable for the weather outside, the bodice was tight, but after the hips, it flowed to the ground in an open, but not puffy silky fabric. Mor had apparently decided what I would wear since I was very sure that Feyre wouldn't ever choose anything so daring. My brown hair was draped up into a complicated knot, strands still hanging out at the front, giving it an easy, garden party-worthy look. My water blue eyes were complimented by jewels the same color that were woven into my hair, between white stars and moons. All in all, I looked very pretty, even I had to say that.

I made my way down the stairs finding it empty, but the door to the garden behind it, where I could see the river flow, was lighted by candles.

"... old enough to know how to handle things like that" Cassian was snickering.

The High Lord sounded more pitiful when saying: "Well, that never really goes away."

"What never really goes away" I looked at them from around the corner.

All of them very slowly turned their heads into my direction, Cassian flashed me a wolfish grin, Rhysand smiled and Azriel plainly stared.

All three of them looked dashingly handsome. All three of them wearing black, silver or gold embroidered jackets, black, expensive looking pants and black shoes. Cassian had bound his hair back but hadn't shaved. Rhysand was looking as always, handsome and powerful, but Azriel. He was by far the best looking of the three. His strong jaw was visible, his Adam's apple bobbing, his hazel eyes wide, but still so deep.

"You look very beautiful tonight, Meira" the High Lord complimented.

Azriel's head turned to Rhysand, who took a too casual step in Cassian's direction.

I curtsied: "Thank you very much, my Lord."

Apparently, I had said the wrong thing, since Cassian turned away while snorting, trying, and failing to hide the laughter that was shaking his whole body. The High Lord looked very content, taking a deep sip from his, taking an educated guess, whiskey?

Azriel, a bit more than the male I had heard so much about: "Please don't... do all of that, it'll definitely go to his head."

I blinked, pursed my lips and said: "Alright. But why are you three sulking here? Where's everyone?"

All three of them looked at each other, then Cassian said: "We were getting a bit more Whiskey. But that's more of a two men job, Az will go outside with you and introduce you to everyone."

Faster than I had deemed possible, with as much whiskey as both of them seemed to have already consumed, Cassian and Rhysand had vanished in a room, probably the kitchen. Azriel had looked thrown for a moment but had found his footing fast then when I had first appeared.

He didn't say anything, kept his hands in the pockets.

A moment before we entered the garden I got up the courage to say: "You look very handsome tonight, Azriel."

Then I stepped out into the fresh air, Azriel came after me the moment Mor and Feyre had found me.

"I knew that dress would fit you perfectly" Mor greeted me.

Feyre looked at something behind me frowned then looked at me: "What've you done with Azriel?"

I turned around in time to see the male vanish back into the manor: "The better question is, what have you done to the three. They were hiding the kitchen hallway when I found them."

Mor grinned positively evil: "Nothing."

"They're little chickens. Don't bother with them, wait, I'll introduce you to everyone" and Feyre did.