Blood Loss & No Meat

100 Reads! You guys are amazing! 

 "Kili, Adara shoot them!" Thorin shouted at us.

I shot as many as I could, careful not to hit any of my companions but I was running out of arrows. "This way! Hurry!" Gandalf yelled to us and we all started running toward the rocks where he was standing. Bofur jumped through a hole in the rocks sliding down into the cave like area below. The others followed him quickly until it was only me, Thorin, Kili and Dwalin. 

"Kili! Adara! Come on!" Thorin yelled. 

Kili jumped sliding down the rock and Thorin followed at Dwalin's urging. I threw my last knife and ran towards the rock when a sudden pain lanced through my side, I looked down in shock to see my shirt cut open right below my ribs and blood soaking through and spilling onto the ground. Dwalin's strong arm wrapped around me and he lifted me into his arms and slid down to where the others stood anxiously awaiting us. 

"What happened?" Oin asked as he saw my blood now soaking Dwalin's shirt. 

"An Orc got her with his sword. It's pretty deep" Dwalin said worriedly as he lay me down gently. Oin checked the wound and looked up at the company obviously worried 

"It's bad" he stated "I can't fix it here" The horn that sounded above us went unnoticed as I blacked out.

"Follow the path" Gandalf said "it will take us to a place where she can rest and heal"

That's when they noticed a path cut into the rock. Oin wrapped my side tightly and handed my pack to Bofur who stood watching anxiously. 

"Carry that for her lad" Oin turned to Dwalin "You carry her"

Dwalin picked me up carefully and I gasped, waking as pain shot through me at the motion. 

"Sorry lass" I just buried my head against his chest and passed out again. I awoke to shouting and the sound of horse's hoofs on stone. I opened my eyes to see that Dwalin and I where in the center of a protective circle of dwarves as elves rode around us. A tall brown haired elf who seemed to be the leader dismounted and spoke with Gandalf about orcs and other things I didn't really care about. The pain in my side made it hard to care about anything else. Then I heard my name and Dwalin reluctantly stepped forward. 

"She needs to see a healer, Elrond" Gandalf said to the elf. 

"And she shall" responded Elrond with a kind smile. He called for an elf to take me to a healer but Dwalin bristled and wouldn't let him take me from his arms. 

"Don't be a fool Dwalin!" Gandalf said angrily "She needs to see a healer"

"Then lead on elf" Dwalin said gruffly "But I'm not letting you take her"

I heard Gandalf mutter something about the stubbornness of dwarves as the elf led us into The Last Homely House. When I awoke an hour later the pain was gone. My wound was expertly bandaged and I lay in a comfortable bed. Looking over I saw Bilbo sitting in a chair not too far away.

"Bilbo? Wake up"

"Adara! How do you feel?"

"Very well actually"

"You should get dressed so we can go to dinner. The dwarves are worried sick! Dwalin would only leave after I promised I would stay by your side"

"Overprotective dwarves" I muttered as I stood. Bilbo left the room so I could change. My clothes were destroyed but luckily I had another set in my bag. I changed and decided to leave my new axes in my room for now. My bow, arrows and throwing knives had been left behind and I sighed as I slipped my dagger into my boot and my large knife into the sheath on my belt. I brushed my hair and left it down. Bilbo was waiting outside the door and we walked to dinner together. When we stepped into the dining hall the loud and raucous dwarves fell silent. 

"Adara!" Bofur stood and hurried over "How are yah lass?"

"I'm fine Bofur thank you"

I walked toward the head of the table smiling and assuring the dwarves that I really was fine. When I reached the head of the table I curtseyed politely. 

"Thank you for your hospitality and healing Lord Elrond"

He smiled and offered me a seat which I took gladly, sitting between Gandalf and Dwalin across from Balin and Thorin.

"Are you really alright Adara?" Dwalin asked quietly as I was brought a plate of food, I looked at it disappointed. 

"Yes I'm fine but there's no meat" I whispered back to him. He chuckled and we turned our attention back to Elrond as he was telling Gandalf and Thorin that their swords were named Glamdring and Orcrist. After the meal was concluded Thorin, Balin, Gandalf and Elrond headed off on their own leaving the rest of us to our own devices.