Fili: Captain Obvious

Above picture is what I imagine Adara to look like.

The cheering quieted as Balin spoke "You forget there is no way into that mountain. The front gate is sealed."

"That is not entirely true my dear Balin" Gandalf responded as an old key appeared in his hand and he twirled it in his fingers before handing it to Thorin. "Your father Thrain gave it to me for safe keeping, It is yours now"

"If there is a key there must be a door" Fili said. I arched an eyebrow.

"These runes tell of a hidden passage to the lower halls; however it will be difficult to find because dwarf doors are invisible when closed" Gandalf sighed. "The answer is somewhere on this map. I can't find it but there are those who can. The task I have in mind will require a great deal of stealth and no small amount of courage but if we are clever and careful I think it can be done"

"That's why we need a burglar!" Ori piped up.

"Hmm" Bilbo replied "a good one too an expert I'd imagine"

"And are you?" Gloin asked. I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Am I what?" Bilbo looked as perplexed as I felt.

"He said he's an expert!" Oin yelled enthusiasticly.

"Me? No no I'm not a burglar" Bilbo assured them.

"Aye the wilds are no place for gentle folk who can neither fight nor fend for themselves" Dwalin responded. Bilbo didn't look at all affronted by this and nodded eagerly.

"Enough!" Gandalf shouted seeming to grow larger as the room darkened. "If I say Bilbo Baggins is a burglar then a burglar he is. Hobbits are remarkably light on their feet in fact they can pass undetected by most if they wish. and while the dragon is well acquainted with the smell of dwarf, the scent of hobbit is all but unknown to him. This gives us an advantage." Gandalf turned towards Thorin before continuing. "You requested that I find the 14th member of this company and I have chosen Mr. Baggins. He's got a great deal more to offer than any of you know including himself"

"Very well" Thorin said "Give him the contract"