THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
—stupid council

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO—stupid council

🗡🗡🗡

—JUDITH hadn't been to Mount Olympus before, though she had been invited to go the winter after her first summer. Coincidentally, that had been the trip Luke Castellan had gone crazy and stolen Zeus' lightning bolt and Hades' Helm of Darkness. She couldn't tell you if that made her regret her decision not to go or if she was thankful.

Either way, she had prior knowledge that the heavens were located above the Empire State Building, so when they arrived to the giant architectural monument, she wasn't all that surprised.

They were all on the backs of different Pegasi, probably sent by Chiron to aid them in their journey to New York. Judith didn't mind being on the back of a mare named Sugar, but she kind of missed Blackjack and knowing Percy was in control of the flying. Sugar was a little more reckless than the ebony stallion and Judith guessed her main appetite was her namesake.

"There it is." Thalia's voice carried through the gushing wind. She was pointing toward the building ahead of them. "It's started."

"What's started?" Percy asked.

Judith rolled her eyes. That boy always asked questions before trying to figure out what was right in front of his eyes. "The winter solstice, Barnacle Breath," she deadpanned, gesturing to the golden light flooding the atmosphere from atop the Empire State Building.

"The Council of the Gods," Thalia finished.

As they actually approached the palaces and streets that sat just on the clouds, Judith became just a little impressed. The color scheme wasn't her favorite, the bright marble and golden accents was just old news to her, but Annabeth was walking on air. Judith did admire all the different figures that walked the streets, though. There were immortal beings alongside demigods and nature spirits. They all seemed to get along well enough apart from the occasional satyr that chased down a tree nymph.

The Pegasi landed just before the pearly gates of the main Olympian Palace. Judith groaned as she slid off Sugar's back. She rubbed at her backside like it would help but it didn't. Her, Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia all shared looks with each other as the gates slowly swung open of their own accord.

Twelve enormous thrones made up a 'U' around a central hearth, just like the placement of the cabins at camp. The ceiling was a stark contrast from the daylight outside; it was a starry night with every constellation in the sky, even Zoë's new addition. Judith spent a moment staring at it, only pulling her eyes away when Thalia nudged her to keep moving inward.