FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
—stupid coincidences

CHAPTER FOUR—stupid coincidences

🗡🗡🗡

  —"I swear to the gods, Judith, you're just asking for a punch to the face," Clarisse threatened, but she had a smirk on her face as they were painting their chariot. Judith had jokingly got out a bucket of hot pink paint and started making delicate ( admittedly ugly ) flowers on the side of the chariot. It was an easy fix to paint over it with red, but it still annoyed the Hades out of Clarisse so Judith continued to do it.

  "I think it looks lovely," teased Silena, walking up to the pegasus stalls nearby. She laughed under her breath. "No one should ever use dark pink with red, though." Judith bit her cheek to hold back a smirk.

  "Don't tell me the rest of the Aphrodite cabin has corrupted you," Clarisse pleaded.

  "Not to worry, they haven't laid a finger on me yet. It's just common knowledge that red and pink do not go together. Any art teacher could tell you that," Silena shrugged, starting to brush one of the pegasi. "Valentine's Day is always an art disaster."

  "Yeah, well, I don't need any art teacher telling me how to paint my chariot," Judith said and lunged to dab a bunch of pink on the metal wheel.

  "Our chariot!" Clarisse chucked her paint roller at Judith's head. Luckily, she was able to duck in time to not have it bonk her head. She stood up and glared at Clarisse.

  "Hey! Violence is not the answer!" Silena shouted, though her hysterical laughing drowned out the message.

  Clarisse raised her eyebrows and put a hand on her hip, the two sisters having a stare off. "I think it's rather necessary sometimes. And I also think you're begging for the punch now." Clarisse muttered something more underneath her breath and kicked an empty paint pail in Judith's general direction. The girl dodged with little difficulty, but the intent was still clear as day.

  "You're so in for it."

  Silena watched in slight amusement, but also quite a bit of horror as Judith took a running start and tackled Clarisse to the ground. For how much the girls fought, it was surprising they were able to be civil towards each other out of an arena. Silena shrugged to herself, must be a child of a war god thing. The girl was knocked out of her thoughts as a stray paint brush came flying at her head.

"Hey, watch it!" She rolled her eyes and walked off, just knowing the girls would be preoccupied with this for a long time.

  —JUDITH arrived to border patrol a few minutes late as she had trouble getting hot pink paint out of her hair. She wasn't all that worried considering no one was keeping track of time anymore. Unfortunately, this also meant that Percy ended up there at the same time again.