SPECIAL CHAP: Kyungsoo × Sophie

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V.

“Auntie, I’ll go ahead first!” I said loud enough so Auntie will hear me from her office, as I adjusted the straps of my bagpack.

“Okay dear. I’ll go close the shop. Take care on your way home.” Auntie said, still inside her office.

I exited the coffee shop and started walking on my way home.

It was a dark, cold night. The cold breeze hitting my face which made my lips tremble a little. Only the light posts in the street sidewalk made my way brighter and as I walk, I remembered some things— some people, I mean. Jaerim and Sophie. Ever since they left, everything got boring. Well, I’m practically alone. No friend, no girlfriend. Alone. Wait. Did I just say ‘girlfriend’?  I sighed. I forgot Sophie is not my girlfriend yet. YET. I’m finding my way to get in that level. It’s just... I don’t know. I don’t have enough courage to confess to her how I truly felt towards her. What if she doesn’t like me? Or maybe, she’s still inlove with Kai and she’s just very good at hiding it? What would I do now? Damn.

I finally arrived at my apartment and I once, noticed again the empty apartment next to mine. That silly girl, Jaerim. I smiled as I thought of my good friend.

I entered my apartment and threw my bag on the floor then I lazily laid down on the sofa. Today was such a tiring and exhausting day.

And with that, I shut my eyes closed and drifted to sleep.

--------------------------

Morning came and waking me up is when I felt the pain in my back as I fell on the hard floor. Shiit! My back hurts! I sat up and rubbed my back to ease the pain.

It took me minutes before I successfully stood up from the floor and head to the bathroom to wash my face.

I went inside the bathroom, opened the faucet and let the cold water hit my sleepy face. I am now fully awake, thanks to the cold water. I was about to extend my arms, getting the soap when I heard my phone rang loudly.

I dashed out of the bathroom, still with droplets of water rolling on my cheeks. I took my phone from the open pocket of my bagpack and answered the phone call.

“Hello?” I said, wiping my wet face with my shirt.

{“Hey. Good morning, Kyungsoo!”} Said the person on the other line. Its a girl’s voice.

I gulped my saliva as I listened to her voice. This voice...

{“Kyungsoo.. Aren’t you gonna speak?”} She said. {“I really miss you, Kyungsoo!”} She added, with her voice so adorable.

Sophie.. It is Sophie. I parted my lips and was about to say something but words won’t come out. Fuck! Say something to her, Kyungsoo. Don’t just stand there and hold that damn phone for nothing! I scolded myself in my mind.

{“Kyungsoo.. Still there?”} She paused then I heard her sigh. {“Well, I know you’re still there so I’ll just talk. Okay? Okay. I just arrived this midnight here in Korea. Yeah, you heard me right. I’M. HERE. IN. KOREA.”} She said, emphasizing the last words. She’s finally here? {“And I haven’t sleep yet. It’s already passed 8. So, here it is. Go to your Auntie’s coffee shop and meet me here. Okay?”} She added. {“RIGHT NOW. I’ll meet you here. Now, go. I’ll hang up. Bye!”} And she did hang up.

I immediately put my phone on my yesterday’s pants. I didn’t bother changing clothes or brushing my teeth and hurriedly exited my apartment and run towards the coffee shop, where she said she was waiting.