Chapter 16: Falling for someone else

Sophie's P.O.V.

"I'd like to cancel the engagement." He said seriously as if he didn't even feel any guilt or regret to what he said..

KAI! ARE YOU FUCKING OUT OF YOUR MIND??!

"Kai, I'm not in a mood for some jokes tonight." I responded, unable to accept what Kai really confessed. It fucking hurts, just by hearing his sentence.

"I'm serious, Sophie." He paused then focus on the road again, starting the car's engine again. "I'm really canceling the engagement."

I had enough. It hurts. I can no longer hid what I feel right now. "WHY?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CANCEL THE ENGAGEMENT, KAI?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVE ME.. YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME.." I said as I hold his hand, which is holding the steering wheel.

He pushed my hand away from his hand slowly. "I'm sorry... But I can't help myself falling for someone else." He said, without even making any eye contact to me.

I sighed deeply as I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes tightly before composing myself. This is just bullshit!! This hurts! Why, Kai? Why do you have to hurt me like this? Am I not enough? I wanted to asked him those, but my mouth decided to just shut up. "It's Jaerim, isn't it?" I asked him, with my voice sounding like I'm some kind of sick person who just got confined from the hospital. I lowered my head, avoiding his gaze.

He never answered my question and just began driving. I didn't mind asking him, 'where are we going?' and just go with it, wherever he wants to go.

-----------------

Not noticing the surroundings, he stopped the car and swiftly got out of it. My gaze followed him and opened the car door beside the passenger's seat. He grabbed my wrist tightly and dragged me inside their mansion.

At Kim's residence. I didn't notice he took me to his place.. I wonder what will he do?

Once the door of their mansion was opened by one of their loyal maids, we made our way inside and the maid lead us toward the dining room where Kai's family is having their dinner, obviously.

"Sir, Young Master Kai is here with his fiance." The maid told Kai's dad or simply, I call him, Uncle.

Uncle, Aunt (Kai's stepmother), and Lay oppa shifted their attention to us as they felt our presence.

"Oh. The adorable couple is here." Uncle stated as he saw us. "Have a sit and join us for dinner."

"No need to, Dad." Kai said as he let go of my wrist. "I just want to say some things."

"What is it, son?" Uncle asked, as he wiped his mouth with a napkin and looked at Kai.

"I'd like to cancel the engagement, Dad." He said swiftly, without feeling any guilt. Aunt dropped the glass of wine once she heard Kai's sentence while Lay just furrowed his brow, looking at the both of us. Uncle stood up from his seat aand walked toward Kai, with a scary expression on his face.

"Are you okay with this, Sophie?" He asked as he shifted his attention to me.

I gulped my saliva then just looked at Kai. Uncle looks scary that my words can't seem to come out of my mouth. Uncle shifted his attention to Kai again after I looked at Kai.

In just blink of an eye, Uncle punched Kai's cheek really hard which made Kai stumbled and hit the ground. My eyes widened as I saw Kai on the floor. I wanted to help him but I'm scared..

Uncle grabbed Kai's collars tightly. "You're no good in helping our family business, Kai and marrying Sophie is the only thing you could do to help us! So, wake up and make your decisions right!" He said angrily as he let go of Kai's collars. "I apologize that you have to see that, Sophie." Uncle said, as he looked at me then proceeded upstairs.