Chapter 17: The Accident

Kai's P.O.V.

I was about to enter the classroom when I noticed someone inside. When I saw that the person inside the classroom is Jaerim, my eyes widen in surprised so I quickly hid behind this thick wall.

Jaerim? It's really Jaerim, right? Geez! Why am I hiding from her, anyways? We're classmates and of course, I'm suppose to enter this classroom but shit, I just can't..

Making a fool out of myself, I just took a peek at her from the window, next to the door and I saw her eating a waffle and drinking her chocolate drink..

As I locked my gaze on her, I noticed that it's the waffle and the chocolate drink, I placed on her desk just a couple minutes ago. My eyes widened again.

Yeah. I'm the one who placed the waffle and the chocolate drink on her desk and yeah, starting from now on.. I'm her stalker. Funny, isn't it? How the bully, which is me started falling for my brother's stalker? Tch. My life is so freaking weird...

Well, I just can't help it.. I'm falling for her day by day and even if I don't have a huge chance on winning her heart, since my stepbrother, Lay is the one who she really likes.. I just can't give up just yet and lose hope. I'll find ways so that she can love me back. I do hope she will. SOMEDAY.

----------------

As the bell rung, announcing the class is over. I roamed my eyes around the whole classroom to look for Jaerim and I noticed her, quickly exited the classroom as soon as she finished packing all of her stuffs inside her bag.

Right. She has a part-time job every after class, so she must be going to her work place. Hmmm. Should I go stal— I mean follow her there? Hmm. Well, why not? It's not like she'll notice me, right? I thought to myself like a crazy young man, talking to myself. FUCK. I'm going insane! ≧◇≦

Once I exited the campus, riding my own car, I decided to follow Jaerim to  the coffee shop, where she works.

******

As I arrived at the cafe, I parked my car in front but I didn't come out and just stayed inside the car, watching Jaerim from the glass door and the glass wall of the coffee shop. I'm really turning to a weirdo and it doesn't suit my sexy image XD. Tch.

Then as I proceeded watching Jaerim, I saw her did a high-five with her new friend, who has an adorably large eyes and with a heart-shaped lips. Seriously. Is that even a guy? He looks too cute to be a guy though. XD Haha.

Then as fast as a blink of an eye, a familiar black SUV was parked infront of my car. Hmm? After that, a familiar guy got off the car with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Oh shit!.. Wait, wait. That dude looks familiar!

I looked at him closely and...

it's Lay hyung. What is he doing here?

I watched him, entered the coffee shop and handed Jaerim the flowers. Jaerim received the flowers with a wide bright smile on her face. Lay hyung smiled at her and they seem all look happy together, including the short guy(Kyungsoo).

I furrowed my brows as I tried watching this painful scene. Even if they're not doing anything, it's painful to see my stepbrother with the girl, I started developing feelings for.

Why can't it be me? Why does it have to be Lay hyung? Why do you have to like him, Jaerim? WHY NOT ME? I asked myself in my mind as I locked my gaze on Jaerim.

Feeling a salty wet liquid escaped my eyes, I shifted my eyes somewhere else where I can't be hurt while looking at the both of them.

I quickly started the car's engine and started driving back home— back to my condo unit, actually.

While driving, I can't hear anything but some familiar voices echoing in my mind.

“Please, Kai.. Stay away from me. I don't want to be related to you anymore. The more I got close to you, the more trouble you bring in my pathetic life. I don't want us to be friends anymore. Let's pretend, we didn't do the deal and let's be... Let's be strangers..” —Jaerim

“WHY?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CANCEL THE ENGAGEMENT, KAI?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVE ME.. YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME..” —Sophie

“You're no good in helping our family business, Kai and marrying Sophie is the only thing you could do to help us! So, wake up and make your decisions right!” —Dad

“You're not the only one who likes her. Me as well, Kai. I don't want to ruin our relationship as brothers just because of a girl but you made me no choice.” —Lay hyung

I had hurt Sophie and I even made Jaerim life's worse while I started a conflict with Dad and Lay hyung.. Why can't I do anything right? Why can't I be happy? Just once, I want to be free from sadness and from all of these fucking problems.. Just once.. Just once..

My tears started falling as I thought all of that and all such foolishness I had committed. I'm an idiot. I'm useless. I'm worthless. If only, I didn't exist in this world. If only, I was dead...

As a thought of the word dead, a crazy grin was plastered on my face. A crazy grin that has a terrible idea behind it.

I slowly shut my eyes closed and continue driving, not even caring about the world around me.

I'm ready to die.
I'm ready to die.
I'm ready to die.
I'm ready to die.
I'm ready to die.

Those sentences keep on running in my mind, as I continue driving with my eyes closed and a crazy grin on my face.

A second passed exactly, I felt the car crushed into something hard. I didn't mind opening my eyes and just felt the shard of glasses on my head and on my body.

Tch. I felt my warm blood rolled down to my face after that. I grinned as I felt the warm blood on my face.

This is good. I'm going to die.

If Jaerim can't be mine.. I want her to be with Lay hyung.. where she can be happy. Happiness is what I only wish for her. Even if it hurts, I have to accept the fact that Jaerim wants to be with Lay hyung and NOT TO BE WITH ME.

Then, my phone which was placed on the passenger's seat vibrated. Someone's calling me.

I weakly reached for my phone and pressed the answer button.

{“Hello, Kai? Are you there? Kai..”}

I didn't respond and just kept Sophie talking.

{“Kai. We need to talk. I just talked to my Dad and... and.. I made him cancel the engagement, since that's what you want, right?”} She said, over the phone.. And she sounded like crying.

I smiled again, hearing her words. “T-That's a great news. Thank y-you, Sophie. So much.. ” I said, weakly. I think I'm already dying.

{“Kai, are you okay? You don't sound too good.”} She stated, with a worried tone on her voice.

I just beamed weakly and paused for a second or two. “I'm g-going to die soon a-and I w-want to see Jaerim one l-last time before I d-die.”

{“Kai? What the fuck... Kai.. Hang in there, okay? I'll find you.”} She said, with a panicking voice. I quickly hung up and I felt my eyelids getting heavier after a second. Close your eyes, Kai and just die. I thought.

And with that.. I closed my eyes shut.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I finally updated. :) I hope you liked this chap even if it's a little.. you know..  a little too much. Well, that's it for now. I hope, there are still people reading this fic. Silent readers? Where are you? You might wanna show some lovin'. Haha. Look forward to the next chap to know what happen next. ^^ Bye. VOTE and COMMENT, guys! Please~ haha. ♥♡♥♡♥♡

•×LuHainne