Chapter 27: The message

Jaerim’s P.O.V.

“Stay here, jagiya. I’ll go talk to her.” Kai said as he let go of my hand and kissed my forehead.

He get out of the car and approached Min-ah. She glanced at Kai then to me. Min-ah smiled softly at me then looked at Kai again.

I don’t know what she’s up to or what’s the meaning of her smile so I decided to get out of the car as well.

“You guys, want some coffee?” She asked, as she saw me, got out of the car.

------------------

We took our sits on the empty table, here at the coffee shop where Min-ah took us.

She sat in front me while Kai ordered the food for us. The atmosphere were awkward with Min-ah alone. I don’t think I can start a conversation with her.

After a split minute, Kai finally arrived with three frappuccinos and three cheesecakes on a tray in his hands. As he reached our table, he placed the food on the table and took a sit beside me.

“What do you want, Min-ah?” Kai asked, not to be rude as possible.

“I wanna talk to you guys. ” She said, as she took a sip of her frappuccino without a whip cream on top. “Here.” She took a paperbag under the table, which she was holding a while ago and slid it on the side of the table, towards us.

“What’s this?” Kai asked, as he eyed on the paperbag.

“A gift for the both of you. It’a couple sweatshirt and it’s on 30% discount, so I decided to buy it.” She smiled at me. What really is she up to? “Hope you guys like it.”

Kai furrowed his brows. “It’s an apology gift. I know you won’t forgive me by just giving some gift to you guys, but I’ll be waiting for you to accept my apology. I really apologize for everything.” Min-ah said, smiling apologeticly at me. “I just thought about all of these, the other night, when you weren’t answering my calls.” She said, looking at Kai this time. “Then, suddenly, my senses came back to me, telling me everything I did was wrong.. so, yeah.”

“Me too. I apologize for using you when I was left with nothing.” Kai said, as he looked away.

“Oh, forget about that. I was the one who offered you to use me until you were satisfied and now that, you and Jaerim here, seems to be a lot okay now.. I’m happy for you guys.” She said, trying to force her tears not to fall but her tears disobeyed her. “I’m really sorry, Jaerim. Really. For everything. I’m really hoping you could forgive me someday.” She said, sincerely.

I smiled and held her hand on the table. “Who am I not to forgive? I’m also a human, I have my own flaws too.. so, I understand you.. You just fell in love. Sorry, I have to come in your way and lose your oppurtunity with Kai.” I joked, trying to loosen up this dramatic tension in the air. “I’m sure you’ll find someone who deserve you. Someone who’ll love you. For you.”

She smiled. “Thank you for the nice words, Jaerim.” She paused. “Anyway, I have to go now. I still have to buy some dress for Aunt’s (Kai’s stepmom) birthday party. Hope to see you there guys.” She said, smiling then waved her hand, out of the coffee shop.

Min-ah’s P.O.V.

I exited the coffee shop, a little sad I thought I would be. I still do like Kai but it’s the right thing to do, right? Even Sophie let go of his man for the sake of Kai’s happiness, so I should do the same as well.

I took a deep breath before composing myself. I should start new! Start fresh! You never know, I might find my soulmate here somewhere. I smiled. I started walking my way towards my favorite clothing boutique when someone bumped into me which made me, specifically my butt hit the ground.