I grumbled as my purple Converse now began to let water in which was gradually chilling my feet to the bone. 

 I soon rounded the corner and the wedding boutique was now in sight. I could see Nat's flaming red hair through the shop window. I could also see a tall, slim woman with strawberry blonde hair pacing up and down inside. I bit my lip and neared the shop with some caution; preparing myself from the verbal onslaught that awaited me. 

My hair which I had sworn I'd keep tidy, now hung in soaking, frizzy clumps around my face. My mascara had smudged and all of my clothes were sticking to me. I pushed the door of the wedding boutique open and managed to trip over a box as soon as I entered. I tried to save myself but I wasn't quick enough and I was soon lying sprawled out across the smooth tiles of the boutique. 

"Ava, what the hell have you done?!" Pepper screeched. Natasha just sighed and I groaned as I tried to pull myself up, but my jacket got caught on a nearby clothes hanger. I ended up snapping the hanger in half before regaining even footing. 

"Sorry, Pep. I ruined my hair, well, the rain ruined my hair. It also ruined my clothes, my makeup and shoes. You don't mind do you?" I asked, pushing my luck. Pepper glared at me. 

"Ava...I asked you to keep yourself presentable. I didn't say dressed up or over-done. I said presentable and you couldn't even manage that," She said, kneading her forehead with her fingers. I bit my lip, Natasha just gave me a 'Don't push it,' look. 

"Sorry," I said quietly. Pepper just waved me off and bustled over to some dress racks, a shop assistant following her. Nat and I followed suit. "I don't like dresses, Natasha." 

"I know you don't Ava. But you're doing this for Pep, remember?" She said back to me, giving me a reassuring look. I nodded. Pepper, with the help of the shop lady, picked out two deep red, slim fitting dresses for Nat and I. She held them out for us. 

"Could you try these on please? I like the colour," She said, Nat took hers immediately and fled to a changing room. It took me a while longer to come to terms that I was going to have to wear a dress sooner or later. We were her bridesmaids, after all. I reluctantly took the dress form her hands and stepped over some more boxes of tiaras and shoes to get to my changing room. I pulled the flimsy white curtain over and began to change into the blood red dress.

The dress was floor-length and tight fitting around the torso and waist. However after that it flowed out elegantly. There was a jeweled applique rose sewn on at the top of the hip. It was a one shoulder dress and I had to admit...I did look quite good. However, it didn't stop me hating it. I could hardly move, or breathe for that matter. I pulled my ebony hair to the front of me so that it framed my face...and didn't soak the back fo the dress. I then left the changing room, tripping over the hem of the dress as I walked out. Pepper squealed at me in excitement when she saw me. She wasn't quite so enthusiastic over Nat though. 

Nat looked a hell of a lot nicer than I did, the dress fitted her perfectly and she knew just how to stand in long, tight dresses. I didn't. I looked and felt like a schoolgirl who had been forced into the most embarrassing leotard for gym class or something. 

"Ava, you look stunning! But Nat, I don't think the red suits you. I think it's just too similar to your hair colour."

"I was thinking the same thing, Pep," Natasha said, flicking her red hair. I gawped at both of them. W-what? How can they think Natasha doesn't look good? What? Is it just me or does this logic not make any sense to anybody else?

"Nat looks fine-" I started, but Pepper cut me off by pushing me back into the changing room with a deep blue dress this time. I sighed and managed to peel off the red one. I climbed into the blue material, I much preferred this one. It wasn't as long, it had two straps and it had little sapphire embellishments around the waist, where the dress was gathered. It definitely wasn't as tight either. The bottom half of the dress was free, and flowed out like a very expensive skirt. I clambered out of the changing room once again and Pepper made me twirl around. She wasn't as enthusiastic this time.