Chapter Nine - Conflict

A/N: I've just gone back to school, and I've already been giving some wonderful homework :-| So, I can see this coming, I'm going to get tons of homework and revision and stuff and that's gonna postpone my writing a little, so I apologise in advance for that! Also, this chapter and a few of the next one will be dedicated to some of the readers who have supported me in the comments, so this chapter goes to the_epic_username! (I'm sorry its so short, the next one will be longer, promise)Thank you for being so nice in your feedback, and I hope everybody else enjoys this chapter and I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

Love, abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter Nine

Loki's lips were cold and soft as they pressed gently against mine. The kiss was nothing like I expected it to be from him, I expected a harsh and rough kiss but it was sweet and gentle. My stomach was doing somersaults and I couldn't think of anything other than Loki at this moment in time. His cool fingers were resting on my cheek and mine were pressed against his neck.

Although I would never admit this to anyone, this was my first kiss. (Not including Steve's - that didn't count). Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm a wimpy little kid or anything, I'm 24 and I've just never had a relationship. I didn't see what the fuss was about before, but Loki's kiss felt...amazing.

Loki withdrew his lips from mine and a smile was etched across his face, the same smile on mine. Then I realised that if this cell was an exact duplicate to the one on ground base, then I was being filmed. Not that I cared, this was my mission wasn't it?

But I think this mission was beginning to take its toll on me. Was I actually developing feelings for the God beside me? Steve had told me not to fall for him; but what if I already have? Have I stupidly fallen in love with Loki?

I could feel Loki looking at me as my smile had faded due to my mental questions. I looked at him and frowned.

"What's wrong? Was it that bad?" He asked, his bright green eyes wide, I chuckled lightly.

"Nothing. No Loki, you're a great kisser," I said with a smile. He beamed at the compliment and then began pelting me with questions.

"So, who's better, me or the super soldier?" He said with a menacing grin. I laughed at the ridiculous question.

"I pushed Steve away before he got a chance," I said.

"Well, what if you didn't? Who'd be the best?"

"Well I really wouldn't know now would I?" I said to him, he was about to ask another silly question but we were interrupted by the metal door slamming open and Natasha walking through.

"Richards, you're needed in Dr. Banner's lab," She said, her eyes kept glancing over to Loki as she addressed me, narrowing her eyes at him when she thought I couldn't see. I stood up from my seat next to Loki and teleported myself out of the glass container. I glanced back at Loki over my shoulder, who stayed sitting on the floor, looking at the ceiling.

Natasha held the metal door open for me and led me to Bruce's lab, which was only next door to Loki's room. She stopped me before I entered.

"I'm just warning you; all of them have just seen you kiss Loki. They all have...different views on it, as I'm sure you're aware," She said with a forced smile, I returned it and strode through the metal door.

"Hey everyone!" I yelled like an over-excited child. Steve glared at me, Bruce just kept his head down, Tony grinned at me, Thor just looked at me, but Fury...Fury looked quite pleased with me. Natasha was behind me so I couldn't see her face.