Chapter 9: Sudden arrival of their issues

Beginne am Anfang

"Noah Desmond

"Noah Desmond. What do you think you're doing?" Alexandra spoke, maintaining her distance while her eyes cold as ice.

Even though she was almost never present as the Demon lord, it was to her great vexation when someone else even went near her throne, let alone sit on it

"Why, I'm doing all the work you were supposed to do." Noah shot back, the smirk never leaving his devilishly handsome face.

Alexandra sighed, feeling defeated. She realised debating with him would do her no good. Noah always knew his way with words, even with someone as indifferent as her.

"I assume you've heard about the recent murders in London after I send you those letters?" Alexandra began pushing Noah aside, then taking a seat on her throne.

"Yep, I did. If I'm not wrong, the victims have our Demonic ritual's symbol shaped on them, right?" Noah replied as he strutted around the throne nonchalantly.

"Correct. I am quite sure the Demons were not behind this, since I would know if they did. Do you have an idea who might have used this ritual on those humans?"

"I can assure it hasn't come from here Nevertheless, I don't. But I do know this might be the doings of someone outside our power barriers."

"You mean this could be the work of the Demons living among humans?" Alexandra frowned.

"There are chances, but I'm not fully sure. Maybe, it might be Angels involved in this too..." Noah rubbed his chin, pondering deeply.

Alexandra's heart skipped a beat with the mention of Angels. Every time this topic was brought up to her, horrid memories flashed before her.

Alexandra began to feel suffocated within the dark walls, and didn't hesitate to get out of the kingdom in no time. Noah suggested she should walk around the streets for some fresh air, that way, she could get a view of her kingdom as well. Ironic, Hell could never have any fresh air.

The atmosphere as surprisingly peaceful for the time, as they strode across the streets. Although the sky was shaded with crimson and the scarlet rivers of blood glistened under the moonlight, everything seemed to be eerily serene. The crescent moon was up high that particular day.